can i clone without using any root solution

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jayjay5396, Jun 12, 2011.

1. can i clone without using any root solution

2. YES! honey works fantastically. cloning solution is inferior IMO

3. Man i made the most haggard cloning station haha. It took like three weeks for them to show, but i was just surprised to see that it worked at all!
    And honey eh, i'll have to remember that one... any ideas why? maybe the sugars or something?

4. cant i just take a cutting and plant that cutting in soil under 24hrs of light

5. sugar is the most basic form of food a plant could have. it is ideal.

yup :hello:

6. Honey is antimicrobial, and produces low levels of peroxide as it degrades. This can prevent stem rot during the wait, and helps against potential fungal trouble with fresh roots. But rooting time is generally just the same with, as it is without, if your environment is healthy. However, it does not feed your plants as molasses does in conjunction with beneficial microbes.

In the end a simple, clean, damp medium or well-aerated water, is the way to go :)

7. please tell me how to do it i'll start a clone on my next light cycle in the morning i dont have honey but i got sugar

8. Table sugar, is the LAST thing you want in your root-less, damp medium... that's inviting trouble.

9. Dip stem base in honey, place in perlite soil and keep it moist. 7 days later, voila! Great tip from bong squad btw.

10. wtf is table sugar LOL

11. i not got honey : (

12. Common table or cane sugar, is used in tea or coffee, or baking... not cloning ;)

13. how do i do the cutting i need to know what am doing its the first time ive ever done this please help me

14. A small branch like this.

[​IMG]

15. Make sure you snip the ends of the leaves of , im not sure why but i know you hve to fo some reason

16. I dont think you HAVE to but i think it helps speed it up for some reason. I didnt, but like i said mine took like 3 weeks. In the end they didnt end up living but thats another story.

17. Dam that's a shame , i think i will take a clone from one of my plants as a experement does anyone reckomend just dipping it in honey and putting it in soil , or put it in a glass of water.

18. #18 Storm Crow, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
    Honey on a budget! By now, some of you have noticed that the price of honey has gone up quite a bit!

For a small amount of free honey, check fast food joints like Popeyes. Last time I ate at one there was a packet of honey to go with the biscuits. If you asked nicely, I am sure they'd give you one or two packets.

Also some health food store sell honey in bulk. You bring in a jar, the clerk weighs it, then you get your honey, and it is reweighed. This is nice since you can get a tiny amount instead of a full pound.

The Dollar Store had small containers of honey last time I was in there.

Willow Rooting Hormone- Old, old trick- find a willow and cut a few sticks. Cut the sticks into 1 inch pieces. Put the pieces in water and let it sit overnight. Remove the sticks and use the water to start your clones. Willow has MASSIVE amounts of rooting hormones it in, which is why it is so easy to root. The hormones bleed into the water.

Granny

19. You dont NEED to clip the leafs, i have cloned both ways... its supposed to stop leaf production and help promote root production. Help i guess "coax" the plant into rooting.

20. then do i just plant that in wet soil?????