Can I clone while flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Aaagogo, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Hey GC,

I have read and done research for growing from seeds, but recently, I was given a plant that is already in it's flowering stage but has been "stunned" so to speak.

Plant is a female, that I know because it is flowering and it's smelling so so good.

Seed is bag seed, my buddy's roommate grew 6 seeds for fun and only 1 survived.

There was no optimum condition as the forum's micro grow, they basically left it by the window or in the screen room. Once again, they are just doing it for fun

the plant is not in very good condition, the only thing I can think of would be to clone the plant, but i'm not sure, if I can clone it when it's already flowering.

the reason i said it was stunned was because after I got it, the plant was in my bathroom for 2 to 3 days with no light or water, when I got it, the plant looks like it was not in a healthy condition and had some yellow leaves.

I will post some images of the plant when I get home.

2. I've been reading some posts on this subject and from what I can tell its possible, but not recommended. I would think it also depends on how long the plants been flowering. Reverting a plant back to vegetative state is stressful and may produce hermaphroditic tendencies in the plant, according to a few posts I've seen.

3. yeah, that was what i thinking...

added some pics

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4. #4 imaB, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2011
    You could do it. Then you would have cloned bagseed :/

5. There is a lot of misinformation out there when it comes to cloning. One of the best strains I've ever had has been kept alive for 30+ years, by taking cuttings from flowering clones. That was six or seven years ago, now the ONLY time I take cuttings, is during flower.

Roughly 21 days 12/12 is best, the branching hormone is beginning to intensify and reversion to veg is easiest at this early stage, but I frequently take cuttings from the lowest portion of the plant in the form of popcorn nugs at the end of the cycle, during actual harvest.

Taking cuttings during bloom, improves branching during the reveg, and eliminates the need for a mother plant, a 'mother room', and all the root and canopy maintenance some mothers can require, if not refreshed or replaced frequently enough.

6. At worst it may take a week or 2 to bounce back from fowering... It will def take under the right conditions every time....

7. I have no clue about anything, would you be able to advice on what you will do if you receive this plant in this condition unknown but visible flowering

8. when the time comes I'm gonna try it and see how it goes, since you seem to be doing it without the problems I thought would occur.