Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can I clean my pipe out with water?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by devilsheep, May 23, 2010.

1. Or will the water just stay in there and never evaporate because theres not really any place for it to go?

I just wanna get the ash out of the chamber i guess because i get little bits of black bits in my mouth now when i hit it

2. Don't run water over it, or even soak for long periods of time. It can cause resin to mildew, which is in no way good. You should take some iso alcohol, or rubbing alcohol and soak your pipe in that, also dip qui tips into the alcohol and clean your stem. Salt works to break up the resin and ash also. You can fill a sink with warm water and perhaps clean your pipe (spoon, I'm assuming?) with the alcohol and salt and occasionally dip it in the water. But stay away from running water over it or soaking it in only water for long periods of time. It doesn't break up the resin.

3. Ya dude def dont jus run water threw it. Makes shit all nasty

4. No, you shouldn't use just water for the reasons stated above. Running warm water through the pipe before you wash it with iso and salt helps soften the resin up though.