Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can i clean my bong with nail polish remover?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bongtokes6200, Jan 13, 2013.

1. i'm all out of rubbing alcohol and i'm not trying to go to CVS right now. but i would assume using nail polish remover would work just as well?

2. Yaaay chemiculars.

3. If your bong is acrylic, and the nail polish remover is acetone based... I'm pretty sure it will melt right through the bong.
    I'm not even completely sure if nail polish remover would remove built up gunk. I don't even want to think about what it would do to your lungs if you're smoking the residue left from it.

If I were you, I'd go up and get some all natural cleaner, or use soda and coarse salt to clean the bong.

4. tooo late. i used nail polish remover and salt as if it were rubbing alcohol and it worked like a charm. i rinsed it with hot water, then hot water with dish soap, then more hot water to make sure whatever chemicals there would be are gone. and shes as clean as can be.

5. nail polish remover does work well because it is comprised of mostly acetone, in the future 100% acetone is much preferable so you dont get all the extra chemicals, but with all that rinsing you should be fine

6. Yea acetone definitely dissolves quite fast too so you don't have to worry about "smoking" it.

7. This works like a charm!

I was cleaning my bong that I bought off a friend. I was cleaning it for 1 day with rubbing alcohol and water it worked a little. I saw this thread and I was like I should try it and now my bong looks new :]

8. image-2928173018.jpg

Attached Files:

9. This is with the salt and nail polish remover. The first picture is how I got it and the second one was rubbing alcohol .

image-1626030737.jpg

10. Damn, looks brand new. Good job.