Can I change my 12/12 hours?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sirbudzalot, Aug 7, 2009.

1. So like an idiot I set my timer for 10pm on and 10am off. So when I get home I have to wait 5 hours to look in on my girls.

They have been in flower for 15 days and I would like to set the timer for 5pm on and 5am off. Will this stress the plants and make my girls he-shes?

2. humm idont think it will hurt them to much it jsut stop growth for few days

3. Shouldn't even stop growth. Go ahead and make the switch.

4. #4 jt240x, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009

5. Thank you all for your advice. I'm going to set the timer to turn off tomorrow morning at 5am .

This is my first grow and I have to say I thought people were full of S*%t when they said you would learn a lot but it's really true!

I'm glad I found this forum or I would have a couple dead plants.

6. Dont do a direct switch from 10 to 5.. thats many hours difference.. do it over a few days by changing it one hour at a time and instead of stretching it out to 13 hours of light make it 11... trust me...

7. I did the same thing you did on my first grow and did the switch in one night, not waiting several days. I was already sick of having a light schedule that did not meet my schedule. LOL. I got some good advice from BudSlinger and just went for it. turn em off early, then turn them back on 12 hours later to start your new 12/12 schedule. No ill affect to my plants whatsoever..

8. Won't matter at all--Don't worry about turning on lights for few minutes here and there--outside they endure full moons--I have mine 6pm to 6am--have had lights for 5-10 minutes at a time many times--my girls are monsters--about a week from harvest

9. Ditto........

10. Thanks a lot guys!

I did the switch and my plants didn't blow up!

Maybe I'll post pics of my next grow, this one is stritcly for training purposes and I will tell you one thing, these plants are hearty! Any other plant would have died long ago!