can i begin my grow in a full size pot?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by solarius49, Sep 15, 2007.

1. or do i need to start in a small cup? im not an experienced grower so i need to know if i can just start the grow in a full sized flower pot

2. The only drawback to starting seeds in a larger pot is that it holds so much water that it is easy to drown the seedling. Solo cups are cheap and easy to come by; just make sure to put in enough drainage holes in the bottom to keep the soil from becoming water logged. I usually take a pointy knife and stick the point in and then twist the blade to make a decent sized hole about the size of a ball point pen tip. Do that 3-4 times in different places on the bottom and you are good to go.

3. I hear that you'll get faster growth if you start in a smaller pot, and then move up to a larger one later.

4. If we start in a dixie cup or some other small pot, is there any difficulty in transplanting? I'm thinking if I do it wrong I'll create too much stress for the plant.

5. stress during transplanting is normal just water it after and give it a little fert and it should be fine