can I be charged?

Discussion in 'General' started by foolcoolguy, Apr 26, 2009.

1. I live in illinois. I was arrested for selling a bag, and having weed and a grinder on me. I was not the person they were looking for (my friend who is a bigger dealer). Thing I am wondering is, I was never given a ticket or a charge. (Weed is a misdemeanor ticket in illinois). They just told my parents that they would call me in a week. Will I be charged? Can they give me the ticket a week later?

2. Maybe....? They CAN give you a ticket, but it won't be that serious.

3. Well, they have my weed and my grinder. Around here the fine for a grinder is $750 and weed is $250. I am going to ask for probation or community service. Do you think they are trying to build a case against me as a drug dealer? I kind of hope that they do because they are wasting their time.

4. did they catch you selling it if not they can only charge you on possession..youll get a fine maybe probation if its a misdemeanor if its just a fine or whatever then whatever..

5. Oh damn, didn't realize grinder was that much. I think hoping for probation is a good idea.

6. why didn't they give you a ticket on the spot? also why did your parents get involved, are you under 18 or something?

7. You are definetly going to get busted. Get a good lawyer like Krusty the clown.

8. good point

9. Dude, it's soooooo obvious you're underage now, I'd just leave if I were you, grow up, literally and figuratively.

Also, you can't talk about dealing here...... Another thing, why are you gonna ask a buncha stoners about your problems with the law?

There are these people called....Lawyers, they're even on your side for the right price!

10. you dont have to be a dick the kid fucked up and is lookin for a little insight of what is goin to happen to him....

dont be such a
    [​IMG]

11. You are going to get spanked by your parents. Spank me Momma, Spank me! lol

12. They can still charge you even without getting you a ticket on the spot. Trust me, one time a LEO told me that "it would be a surprise about the weed" I really thought he took my 2 OZ's and was gonna keep them for himself. Luckily when I got home they were still hidden under my steering wheel. The bad part is that I got a letter in the mail saying I had a court hearing like 2 weeks later(for some fucking roaches). The Exact same thing happened to my aunt too, except she never got the letter so she got arrested on a warrant over a year later. Just because they didn't give you a ticket doesn't mean anything, believe me.

13. They can do more than ticket you. They can arrest you for possession with intent to sell for as long as the statute of limitations lasts for that charge in your State.