Can I a non-stoner have a successful relationship with a stoner

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Southern-belle, Feb 2, 2014.

First, weed isn't a "pharmaceutical" think of it as inhaled beer....but better and safer. Second, there is no nicotine. What you are getting is because you smoke several tokes off a joint... Take a puff and hold it for a bout five seconds and then let it go. Maybe one more....but that's it.
     As for will the relationship work? Hell NO.....they never do. Especially when you have to go out of your way to ask a question about if it will! Sorry hon, thems is the breaks!

2. Uhhhhhhh I mean ask granny storm crow for her list because I am pretty sure it is common knowledge across this board that marijuana can be a pharmaceutical.

Don't really agree with you all that much about whether the relationship will work either. Why does smoking have to be some thing that defines a relationship? I have gone out with a few women who did not smoke themselves but were open to me smoking whenever. I can assure you that smoking was not the reason why I am no longer seeing these women.

If you try and make him changes his ways and create boundaries on what he can and cannot do..then you are good as gone. You seem cool about him smoking, either you really really want his dick or you genuinely mean that you don't care if your boyfriend is a stoner. If you are just super thirsty (and I'm not saying you are, but in the off chance you are) then I am sure your "relationship" won't last more than a few months. 

If you really do like dude, then I don't see why you wouldn't be able to have just as good of a relationship as anyone else. 

Well, I use it for medicine. But I don't consider it a "pharmaceutical". That term conjures the thought of processed or synthesized chemical substances. And they are BAD. But you are free to use whatever term you want...as for common knowledge across the board? Have you ever been across this board? LOL...

As for the relationship...I never said that had anything to do with him being a smoker, and her not being one. I said they don't work in general. EVER. For a multitude of reasons. But hey, I'm a realist...not an optimist.

4. #24 SlightlyStonedSD, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    what are you talking about nicotine and stepping outside with him while he smokes? sounds like you're talking about cigarettes lol..

my girlfriends girlfriend (**edit, lmao just one)....doesn't smoke and we've been together 4 years, as long as you let him do what he does its no problem..

You should really look into the medical benefits of marijuana it takes a lot less of a toll on your body as actual pharmaceuticals.  I used to take pills but now I just smoke and feel 100 times better 

5. there are tons of relationships where one person decides they dont want to use cannabis, and its totally cool as long as both of you are cool with the whole cannabis thing.
    it just comes down to a personal choice of if you want to use or not, but you can still have a great relationship :)

keep on keepin on

6. Just an FYI blades....Men get married hoping that she'll never change. Woman get married hoping that he will!......

7. I don't see why it would ever be a problem, as long as you remember one thing; take him or leave him as he is. It's awesome that you don't mind him toking, but remember, you don't get to just up and change your mind, months, years down the road. That's not fair.

8. Opposites attract.

Know lots of smokers who have partners who dont smoke.

Works for some.

9. @[member="Southern-belle"], good for you for being open minded! and if its not for you dont force it! My wife doesnt toke, and I dont think that she ever will. thats fine, and doesnt change how much i love her. the problems arise when your trying to get someone to change, i think as long as your cool with it and love him for the person he is you guys are in for a long happy relationship :)

*tear of joy*

10. Non smokers and smokers can have an awesome relationship as long as the non smoker isn't against the act of getting high.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Maybe pharmaceutical was the wrong world - I should have said any drug - from alcohol to anti-depressants do not agree with me and it took around 6 months to get to full strength on my tablets (which takes normal folk around 2 months)

No nicotine?  Are you sure?  It is tobacco that the joint is rolled with, I just assumed that I was taking in nicotine.  Whatever it is I know I felt like c**p the following week after indulging.

Thanks for your honesty over the relationship, I feel a lot for this guy and was feeling pretty hopeful - I just know this can be an issue for some.

12. Life is what you make it, it's your reality. If you make it a difference between smokers and non smokers I think there will be one. However I see it as more of a yin yang thing :)
    You really shouldn't start smoking for him if you don't enjoy weed. I can understand that you may be trying to form a connection there, but it's really not necessary

13. Thanks to everyone - that helps a lot...  I think because it is a major part of his life and not something I can really enjoy doing that I thought I might get left behind and not be a part of things.

I kinda wish I could enjoy it in the same way, it would make my life so much better as I spend some of my time tightly wound and more than a little uptight.  Being with someone so chilled out is really cool and just that fact itself calms me down a lot.  But I gave it a shot and although once it gave me the giggles it just really isn't my thing.

14. Have you tried a joint without tobacco? You can get dizzy from that and if you ever do smoke again try and just take one or two hits and see where you are. Also the first few times can be different with tolerance and strain to take into consideration. I do understand that smoking isn't everyone's thing but trying to make it a more pleasant experience helps! Everyone is different!

15. He has mentioned getting "filler" or perhaps baking cookies - we shall see, I just think I am an ultra-lightweight with such things...

16. Try it with no filler. Tobacco is poison, some people are allergic, but even when you aren't it will make you feel sick if you aren't a cigarette smoker. Don't sound like he is too bright. Just saying...

17. I know tobacco is poison - I don't think he does it with tobacco because he's stupid, I think it's a financial thing.  The only times I have tried it has been with something else.

18. As long as you don't have a problem with him smoking and enjoy being with him while he is smoking, you will be ok. I know a lot of couples that one is a non-stoner and have made their relationships work.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.