Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can get an LB of outdoor trim for real cheap but contains sugar leaf and stems? Is it worth buying?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Mysticflame, May 14, 2022.

1. So I can get some shake/trim for an extremely good deal like crazy good. I wouldn't dare smoke it but for edibles it should be fine. Anyway the discription says

Product is a mix strain of outdoor trim. Contains sugar leaf, small buds, as well as
    some leaf and stem.

Would it be too much for a headache to remove the usable parts from the unusable/throwaway parts or what? I didn't know what sugar leaf was until I looked it up and apparently I can use that for edibles as well. The issue is the stems like do I put it in the mason jar with the oil and weed and be done with it or do I have to separate it out before trying to make edibles with this stuff(If I buy it)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Definitely get it. The more sugar leaf it has the better it will be. Those are the little leaves within the buds and can be covered in frost (trichomes). No need to separate it except for the stems. Strip them and throw them away. Don't try to use them. You've got all that trim so no need for stems. You'll probably find the bigger stems that have those little budlets on them. I suggest that you take a couple of those budlets and smoke them so you can get an idea of it's potency. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Bho will give a good return but you'll need a few pieces of equipment.

4. Just curious, What's a good deal in your eyes? $100 bucks for the lb of trim?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Try $57

• Like Like x 4
  6. If it's too good to be true, it probably is but if it's legit then a pound of trim will make a lot of oil. If you can't see it and smell it before you buy it, let someone else have the deal. It'll probably smell like hay or grass which is fine but if it smells foul like it has had mold issues then pass. If it looks like a trash bag of grow room floor sweepings pass on that, too. If you see some little bugs crawling around in it, that's a good sign, it's hard to grow outside without a few bugs taking their share and you don't want insecticide tainted trim. If it was last summer's trimmings the bugs may be dead at the bottom of the bag so who knows why they died. The price is a little odd, why $57 and not $60 or $55? If it looked and smelled okay, I'd probably go for it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. #7 GorillaGherkin, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
    I know ppl that give sugar leaf away just cus they don’t wanna bother with it. 50% of mine just goes n the compost bin.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yea, this is my way too... Anyone with a pound of trim has "three pounds" of bud. I'd totally take fifty seven dollars for my trim....

9. How would I accurately dose the stems. If I blend everything up into an oil how would I dose the stems? I know they would contain less than the actual shit but how little. Don't wanna tell friends it's 100MG when it's actually more or something?

10. people don't really use the stems for oil creation due their lack of glandular trichomes. Pin point accurate dosing is only availablr after accurate lab testing, no?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I use the bioassay method of determining potency by comparing the effects of X number of drops of oil to a known standard such as 10mg commercial gummies. I used to use 10mg Marinol capsules as a standard but I no longer have access and the gummies get it close enough. After experimenting a few times I become fairly confident my dosage is within shouting distance of being exact.

12. I used to give my trim to my patients. After 4 or 5 times one patient told me he was smoking it, lol. Hey, whatever.

Now i make tumble hash with it and the patients get the hash all free. Something like 3-5 grams 4 times a year.

2 patients make medibles 3 smoke/vape it. They all prefer hash, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Buy it, Sort it. Toss all the stems and the hand sized fan leaves as they soak up oil and give back nothing.
    Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes.

Like most thing in life GIGO. Garbage In = Garbage Out. The better the grade of input the higher the bang per drop. So on with the recipe. This is whole plant unstrained oil. You can strain but it comes at cost.

5 grams of decarbed Rosin or Kief or Hash or Powdered Buds or Trim
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.

If you follow the recipe the amounts per dose are accurate enough for general use.

Rosin-Wax-Shatter 1 drop = 6 milligrams of THC
    Kief Hash 1 drop = 3mg THC
    Buds 1 drop = 1mg THC
    Trim 3 drops = 1mg THC

Using a single zero Capsule we get
    Rosin = 150mg per capsule
    Kief = 75mg
    Buds = 25mg
    Trim = 8mg

====================

Wax - Rosin are in the 90% range so 900mg of THC per gram
    Kief-Hash = 50% so 500mg per gram
    Buds = 15% =150mg
    Trim 4-7% = 50mg per gram

You can make a 1 gram tester to see just what you have quality wise.
    Decarb 1 gram
    Mix with just enough butter-cooking oil to make paste. Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Divide into 4 parts and eat one. Wait a full 2 hours and if not stoned enough eat another 1/4. Wait 2 more hours and eat the last of it if your not high enough.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  14. Separate out the stems - and smoke it. well my trim was perfect for smoking