Can General Organics CaMg+ be Used with Flora Series? Quick response appreciated.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by tdogg702, Feb 4, 2013.

1. I sent my brother to the store to pick me up CaliMagic, but he got GO CaMg+
    Can I use this with the nutes I am using?
    Hardwater Micro, Gro, Bloom, FloraBlend, Diamond Nectar

I really need this answered fast....

2. Yes use the CaMg+. I just talked to my guys at the hydro store about this product on saturday. Apparently it containes fermented molasses and some other goodies that make the Calcuim and Magnesium highly available to your plants. And yes it is sweet to taste. However, If you have hard water, you should not have to add calcium and magnesium. My plants were showing heavy magnesium deficiency and all it took was raising my pH from 5.5 to 6.1 to clear up the issue. Magnesium is unavailable to your plants at 5.5, but its absorption rises quickly with pH. at 6.1 its absorption is almost tripple what it is at 5.5. I use the exact same nutes as you and my guys told me it was fine to use the CaMg+. They also showed me another product that makes magnesium more available, but all i did was look at the price, it was from dutch masters and cost 110 for a litre, so i gingerly put it back on the shelf

3. Kk, I really do appreciate the response. I just wanted to make sure the chemical based Flora Series doesn't kill off the Organic nutes, because I have heard over and over that you cannot mix the two. What kind of hydro setup you running? DWC, Ebb and Flo??

4. I use floranova and it works just fine with calmag.:)

5. CalMagic from the General Hydroponics line, or CaMg+ from the General Organics line?

6. I think it was cal-mag plus from botanicare, I'll check at lights on and get back to you.:)

7. I guess my biggest question is can I mix the organic based CaMg+ with my chemical based nutes (GH floraseries)

8. Of course. I do it all the time, I use floranova as my base nute which is a chem derivative and use roots organic HPK and floralicious which are both organic, click the train in my sig and you'll see an awsome green plant that proves its not a problem.:)

9. Thanks man. I appreciate the kind replies. I thought that my Floralicious Plus was an organic derivative from the smell, but I wasn't sure, lol. Obviously since the GO CaMg+ has fermented sugars in it, I will most likely be cleaning my air stone more often, which will most likely be the only downfall.

10. To answer your question i am currently running a general hydroponics Rainforest 66. It is a hybrid Aeroponic / DWC unit. And Absolutely you can mix the organic with the chemical base. In fact it may actually work better than with just the organic line because of the chelating agents in the flora line