Can environment conditions be adjusted to reduce stretching ?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by xerb, Dec 16, 2018.

1. This is just a guess but wouldnt it make sense the opposite is true as the green canopy would filter out red spectrum?

2. Good catch. I should have said "near red", which penetrates much further than visible light.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes!

• Like Like x 1
  3. OK guys, I just broke down and bought a camera, bear with me while I figure out the optimum settings.

The pure haze has been cut down - it was just too wild and vigorous for my indoor grow.

Here is a picture of it's sibling, a 1990 NL#5 x Haze. It had reached about 7 feet and had to be laid over at about a 30 degree angle. Theoretically it s/b about 50% indica. Sure doesn't look like it.
    We are now at 7 weeks (49 days) since going to 12/12.

1990_NL#5xHaze_49days.jpg
    This is not the top cola, but the cola is not much bigger than this easier to reach bud.

Both of the NL x Haze females look alike, really tall and really leggy.

The Pure Haze shot up and quadrupled her height in days - less than a week. She had more than double the internode length of this NL x Haze cross.

And here is a picture of Super Silver Haze also 7 weeks. They are growing right next to each other, exact same soil and conditions. If anything the SSH has received more of the lamps heat. She topped out at 4 feet tall.

SuperSilverHaze_49days.jpg

Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
  4. for best pics take them with the flash when the HPS lights are off.

5. Pictures of 1990 Sensi Seeds NL#5xHaze 60 days into flower and a long way to go.
    They went into the flower room about a foot tall and had to be laid horizontally when they outstretched the rest of the garden and would be more than 8 foot tall. Even laid over they are growing up past the lights again. The lower branches are 4 foot long.
    NL#5xHaze_60days_1.JPG

The buds are starting to chunk up nicely, look like a breeze to manicure
    NL#5xHaze_60days_2.JPG This one has an incredible smell already, lemony spice.

The pure haze managed to hit 6 feet with the same number of internodes it had when it was 18 inches tall, Ive never seen a plant stretch even half that much. It grew like a wild jungle thai.
    Unfortunately, I could not retrieve even one picture of it off my old phone.

The Super Silver Haze F2 plants are approaching ripeness and the biggest ones topped out at 4.5 feet.

SSH_60days_1.JPG

The Red one

SSH_60days_2.JPG

The three Bubblegum plants all topped out about 5.5 - 6 feet and look pretty amazing. Each a different color.

Bubblegum_60days.JPG

Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Good looking haze, looks like its gonna fill out nicely! :yummy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Update - 10 weeking into flowering.

Man I am sure glad I let these lanky girls go wild on me. They are laying all over the other girls with many 3 foot long side branches.
    Notice there are no buds along the main stem? At least until you get to the short but fat cola.

These 1990 genetics are so different from what we see today! Both these plants are exactly the same age, same soil, they have been growing right next to each other since germinating. Check out the differences.

This first picture is a Super Silver Haze F2 at 72 days SSH_72_days.jpg

The next 2 shots are of the 1990 NL#5 x Haze also at 72 days.

NL#5_Haze_72_days.jpg

NL#5_Haze_72_days2.jpg
    Thank god for the cannabis breeder!

Slurp. Cough. Cough. Slurp slurp. Cheers! To your health!

• Like Like x 1
  8. /yeah these old schoold sats were mostly just grown outdoors back then so size wasnt a problem, but with the popularization of indoor growing breeders started working on shortening the plants height and also flower times.
    Still, IDK if it has to do with tolerance or what, but I haven't smoked weed that got me as high as the kind we used to smoke 40 years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Here we are at 88 days. This 1990 NL#5xHaze looks like it still has weeks to go.

DSCN4284.JPG DSCN4291.JPG
    Meanwhile the Super Silver Haze looked ready more than 2 weeks ago. I let the best ones go an extra two weeks. She started to put out a few nanners about a week ago. Here she is.

SSH#1_87days_14pastHWO.JPG SSH#1_87days_14pastHWO2.JPG

Happy Holidaze !

• Like Like x 3
  10. Well here's a wild Thai 3months old. Begged for a month with serious lst at base, not flowering yet, but pretty tall already.

11. I know it’s an old thread but it popped up so I read it.
    Why are all you guys agreeing that it’s normal for a plant to stretch 18 inches in 24 hours. That’s a fuckin foot and a half,
    45cm.
    You’re all in agreement that this guys plant grew 2cm per hour for a entire day but presumably only the once.
    I’ve actually never been so confused reading a thread.
    How can I be the only one that thinks that sounds like a load of nonesense?