can cops go in the house without a warrant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by yankees3, Jan 9, 2011.

1. just curious i don't want anyobdy going in my house

2. No.*

*unless a suspect flees into the house, a crime is believed to be under commison within, someone is in immediate danger, the officer has probable cause, the door is unlocked, the officer feels like fucking your rights, the officer files a false report, the officer lies, the officer someway or other tricks the occupants into letting them inside

Bolded some common causes.

3. Nope. Unless say a cop goes to your door, then you open the door and he sees your room hot boxed, then he can under suspicion.

I think. Can anyone back me up on this?

4. more responses

5. If a cop sees anything illegal that is in clear view from where they are at suck as a pipe, bud, gun etc... then can then enter your home without a warrant. They can also enter if they smell marijuana which gives them suspicion.(this is a tough one because in order for that search to be held up in court the officer would have to be trained in detecting the sent of marijuana). Also the ones that others listed too.

6. Nope unless there is shit in plain view. Or if your carbon filter isn't on point and they can smell the superganj.
    Be careful mate
    Best,
    KillerKush

7. definitely not.however most ppl open the door and then this gives the officer a reson to say he smells or sees something in plain site even if he is lying.
    best thing in this case is to ask who it is and what is the purpose of the visit through the door.at this point you could ask if they have a search warrant.
    I am a med mariguana patient and have a state license to grow so I keep it legal (up to 12 plants).i however have some friends who take advantage of it and grow many more.I usually dont even grow 12 but I am this time out.8 different
    strains actually.woohoo:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:
    be careful.best of luck

8. #8 ant512, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011
    Supreme Court actually settled that smell is NOT grounds for a probable cause finding.

and now I'm searching my old text book where I read this finding so I can post it for everyone lol. It was a case where officers entered a mans house based on the odor of marijuana. We covered it during studying the "fruit of the forbidden tree" defenses.

9. /\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Even better

10. do not open the door

speak to them through it

there going to ask you to open the door, tell them respectfully that you are not going to do that

if they ask why you wont open it, reflect the question back on them. EX What is the purpose for the visit. all with the front door closed

this way there is no chance for them to lie about smell

11. Also a good grow room should be able to be taken down in under 15 min invade the do come to the door

12. keep everything out of view that is illegal....do not invite them into your house, ever....and speak to them on your porch closing your door behind you...lock it if you choose....make sure you have your key...

again did i say do not invite them in?

13. this is right.

14. I have always used those chain locks on my door which doesn't allow the officer to just nudge his way in. Once he has stepped foot in the house he has every right to look around. Keep them outside and always keep a candle or incense burning while smoking. If he wishes to talk to you face to face step outside and close the door.

15. now that Obama passed the patriot act, they can do what ever they think the need to. Listen to phone convos, go in your house, your neighbors,your ma's. What ever .. in the name of terriosim . It's bullshit
    Obama is the Antichrist , once his one world currencies kick in, ontop of china owning all our debit.

If you dont conform to the government, your a terriost, . Therefore, they can go in your house whenever,whoever.

Current events people. Keep on it or get shafted

16. theres a cop on G C ,cant remember where i seen him but he,ll answer your questions regarding any situation regarding zee law;)

it was maybe in the "general" forum?
    he,s defo on gc i,ll have a look & see if i can find him for ya,s all.

peace........................:smoke:

(ps; he started a thread with a poll,SOMEWHERE,lol)

17. Dude, cops generally don't know shit about the law. They really don't. The only legal advice you should ever listen to is that from a lawyer. And make sure you find a reputable lawyer. I know a lot of dumb lawyers. But be they dumb or not, they should be your source of legal info.

18. lay off the crack pipe!:rolleyes: you misspelled BUSH twice...:D..and you should pay attention to history...:p

19. /\ I was going to say something but i decided to let him have his fun lol

20. yea so lock your doors, and I found this out, dont let smoking devices or any paraphenalia onside or seen through a window, then they can come in and take it but not charge i dont think, but then there inside your house