can co2 be added to water tank in hydroponics??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thegrim, Mar 27, 2011.

1. I just want to if a c02 tank can be replace to an c02 aquarium system. can this cause damage to the roots or it can help?

2. i forgot to say that i am building a homemade hydro system using a storage tote

3. The roots need oxygen. I don't think they can absorb CO2 very easily (if at all). You can try something like a CO2 tablet, but I don't think you would see any major benefits.

IMHO, just stick to an air stone. You will probably be better off.

Good luck.

4. is there any cheap way to produce co2 valves are too expensive

5. why do you want co2 in the water? you want oxygen in the water for roots. Get an airpump and an airstone

6. a was thinking this will work the same as a co2 tank

7. after doing some extra research i found that a co2 generator can be added to the tank that is because the co2 will go to the surface in bubbles a propagates in to the air making it possible for the plant to use it. i saw some people creating co2 with yeast, sugar, hot water inside a bottle the put an air line to cap of the bottle and the pressure inside the bottle to a bottle with water to make sure the co2 is coming out of the bottle. so i got to the conclusion that the fish tank system can be use with out a diffuser, connected to a timer. if someone knows how time is needed to feed plants with co2 please let me know

8. Ive never heard that. Everything ive been told says to pump Oxygen into the tank.

best of luck