Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can anyone think of a weed substitute for me?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Zeusophobia, May 17, 2010.

1. Sorry for putting it here but I had no idea where else to put it.

Years ago I could smoke weed and it would ease my mind and put me in a good place.

Now I have advanced schizophrenia and every time I smoke weed I get extremely paranoid, have hardcore hallucinations and cannot focus for shit.

I'm told that the legal high stuff at headshops will do the exact same thing to me. Although I might try it just to prove to myself that that's true.

I've also thought that maybe taking one or two hits of some mids might make me high enough to be relaxed but not so high I'm hallucinating.

As a rule of thumb schizophrenics can't do anything that's considered a hallucinogenic. If you can think of some type of herb that would help me out it would be very appreciated.

2. dont do that!

3. drink a bottle of robuttusin

4. enjoy sobriety.. if you have a mental illness that makes drugs adversely affect you why the hell would you keep doing it?

5. If you are a real lover of the herb, smoke some dank indica (full indica) in a relaxing enviroment, that should help you relax.

6. A 100% indica harvested late might help.

7. This..
    why are you so set on finding a drug?

8. Because he wants to have fun like you guys.

9. Hmm well try salvia and see if that does it...it's just a suggestion

or try n take small hits of mj

and yeah dnt smoke crack

10. you aren't schizophrenic. drugs and mental illness have never ever mixed, i don't think its a good idea. if he can't handle weed (the softest drug i can think of) why on earth would he keep looking for a drug to do imo.

11. try finding a bit black hash it should just be relaxing.

12. Someone with advanced schizophrenia probably shouldn't use cannabinoids at all. Growing bodies of research show that in those predisposed to psychotic disorders cannabis can trigger them.

Sorry, the weed isn't for everyone. I hope you fine relief though :(

13. definitely what he said. +rep

14. I really hope you were kidding. I doubt a little dissociation is going to help.

15. Actually CBD has been shown to be as effective as atypical anti-psychotics. But I doubt smoking would work for that.

16. Ah so you're showing positive symptoms of schizophrenia, which is believed to be caused by excess dopamine release. Cannabis is going to also release more dopamine which is going to enhance any of your schizophrenic symptoms. Cannabis is not going to help and it should be avoided. If you are looking for a recreational drug, which I don't advise you do either, it would be best for a depressant like alcohol.

The best advice I can give you is to be open with your doctor and/or psychiatrist. They have the most knowledge, but you should also do some of your own research.

17. And THC is the opposite. Find me a strain with pure CBD and no THC and then we'll talk about weed as an anti-psychotic ;)

Granted, extractions of pure CBD or synthesized CBD does show some promise.

18. Well you're the grower maybe you could figure out how to breed strains with only CBD.

JK. But I never said weed was an anti-psychotic. Sorry if it sounded like I was implying that. :eek:

19. Oh I know you didn't I just wanted to make it clear so people with problems who read this don't get bad ideas.

There has been work on high CBD strains for medical reasons but to date I know of nothing that's not mostly THC.

Extracting or synthesizing CBD might just be a great boon to medicine though once we have this shit legalized.