Can anyone tell when my plant will start budding!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Wylde32, May 18, 2017.

1. IMG_0201.JPG IMG_0203.JPG IMG_0205.JPG I'm new to growing and I got this seed from a friend I don't know what strain it is. It's been growing for a few months and I started the flowering process on the 16 of last month. All the little hairs are changing to a amber color but I see no buds. Any ideas on when I should see signs of buds?

2. Lol your grow looks fine bro, that is all your buds. Let it do its think you'll soon see what I'm talking about, enjoy ;)

3. You still got anywhere from 4 weeks to 7 weeks.. if you started 12/12 on April with.
    Takes a plant anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks to fully produce and turn there trichomes

4. You're looking at buds right now. Once you flip the lights, it takes the plant around 10 days or so to start the actual flowering process. After that, it depends on the strain and it's particular maturity time, but what you're seeing develop on that plant IS buds. The only way to know when it's time to pull is by looking at the individual trichomes through some heavy magnification. Most of us use a jeweler's loupe for this. They're fairly cheap to get, but it allows you to magnify the trichome to where you can tell how much amber coloring there is within the whole group overall. You're looking for 25% amber coloring in the trichomes before you pull. Anything more than that just means your weed will be stronger. I think you need to take the time to read up on what you're attempting to do here. You've managed to keep the plant alive and get it to bud, but you've got some upgrades to make if you want to continue with this on a serious level. If you'll notice, your plant is long/tall, lanky and your "buds" are not developing out well. In order to get a plant to flower for you and really produce, you've got to have adequate lighting. Since we're mimicking the sun with an indoor grow, you really have to overkill on the flower lighting or you'll end up with thin plants and lanky buds. Not sure what type lighting you're flowering this plant with, but next time you'll need to up it pretty good. The better wattage/quality of flower lighting you finish your plant with, the better harvest you'll get. In a soil grow, assuming you're using a decent grow soil, the soil itself will feed your plant for weeks at a time and a simple repot when the plant gets root bound will resupply food for your plant for even more weeks. You should've repotted this plant a while back because I'm pretty sure it ran out of nutrients a while back. Just go ahead and finish this one off and in the meantime, do take the time to find a reliable source and do some reading up on this process and how to care for a plant. The more you know, the better grow will result from it. But light is the key to getting a decent harvest off any plant and you either didn't have enough to flower this plant or you've got it hanging way too far away from the plant to do any good. Chalk everything up to experience right now though. The more plants you grow, the better you get at it. Best wishes. TWW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Defiantly has some defiancies going on there
    Plants hungry as fuckkkk. Lmao.
    I'm not all that good on soil bro. But for your next gro if you wanna do a small and simple groand get bed yeilds with that only 150wat light here is what id do
    For materials. Spend 100 bucks.. you'll save in the long wrong on serious smoke and yeild.
    Buy 3 smart pots/cloth pots/air pots do your research find which one you like. Buy a 1gallon. 3 gallon. And a 5gal. 20$
    Go to walmart. Buy about 2 or 3 poster boards there solid white. White is Bette reflection than damn near anything besides growing reflective nylon. And alumini foil newbies try to use. It works.. decently.. your gonna have heat spots. Wouldn't recommend I'm posting a pic of what I would put on your walls look underneath:). 10$
    Buy some rapid rooters. Or cheaper. Jeffy pellets... 5$
    Get solo cups.1$
    Fox farm nutrient online or a greenhouse store. Buy the oceon kind.. 25$
    Buy some perlite. Not miracle gro. Or anything like that. 100% perlite. No nothing.. 10$
    Buy the 3 series. GENERAL HYDROPONICS flora series search up you can find for Cheap and pretty good nutes for the price.. 15$
    Get a cheap ph pen. 10$
    And a temp/humidty moniter. 5$ walmart.
    Small fan :) 5$ walmart.
    And a NON LIGHT LEAKAGE AREA. When you start your 12 and 12. You want no light bothering your plant when it's in its 12 hrs of dark. Cause hermie and confusion.
    Now to grow and put this together, right??

Ok germinate seed.. search paper towel germ method.. due as it says.
    Ok now you got a seed with tap root.put inside jiffy pellet or rapid roosters whatever you buy. Cut 2 holes on bottom of solo cup. Pencil eraser size. And I like to do 2 on the side very low.. on your 2 botom holes for drainage put a piece of broken glass over those holes to were water can go under the glass to the holes and drain..But the mixture In your soil and perlite wont clog your drain holes!
    Bam. 70% soil 30% perlite. Mix well put in cup up half way with your mix set your seedling that's already root down in your pellet or rapid after getting it damped in water. In the cup no need to water. till you first see a sprout. Water with 20% run off. So 1 gallon water for example. You should see 2 ozs come out... Usually 36 or so hrs after putting it in. I prefer no lights till i see the seedling then bam. Turn lights on it 24/7 as a seedling 150 watt led. Id say at seedling age keep distances 28inches. IMO. Your choice to do 18/6 I don't start 18/6 till 2 weeks into grow after they do some serious growing start giving em break and do 18/6 lower lights to 18-24 inches if they can handle it till your rdy to flower. Your gonna be rdy to flower your plant when it's half your wanting size overall. Cuz a plant seems to double sometimes triple in size when switched to 12/12 deoending on strain..
    Anyways. Back to this. Lol. Ok anyways so after a week or 2 worth of grow your plant is now to big for this solo cup. Don't transplant to early!!! Ok so now hold your hand steadly at your plants base dump cup over get access dirt off as gently as you can place the pellet with plant and roots in a 1 gallon pot that you have bought. Continue to grow for another 2 weeks so now your 3 weeks in now you should be decent size. Now dump it over do the same thing transplant to 5 gallon. Now your soil mix stays the Same in all your transplants. 70% soil 30% perlite It's great soil. Fresh nutes. Fresh all that.
    Water when needed check ph of water that comes out your drain. Want it between 6.6 and 7.3. If not regulate with ph up and down another 10 $ ( maybe at 100 now ? ) Again. In my opinion and experience with friends and there soil grows. Buy a temp/hum. Keep humidty between 45-75 till you start getting buds/hairs.
    Get the humidty down to 45 or under. Don't want mildew yuck.
    Temprange during veg. 70-83.
    Temp do flower. 63-80.

Ok now these white walls put around your grow area. and fan in grow area And nutes i cant help with your mixture or how much to feed maybe a soil grower can help with that..
    For the most part though you do everything I just said.. And get a nute schedule going and you'll have bomb buds. Just get with a soil grower on a feed schedule and do everythin else the way I have said and just keep ph right. Light distance correct temp correct humidty correct air flow by fan using as much of your light as you can with reflective white.. And water runoff at 20% and make sure before watering everytime your soil is almost dry.. know when by either picking up your plant and pot and if it's real light it needs some water. Or do the knuckle deep finger trick.
    Also, from your space and everything I'm hearing with the kind of light.. id grow just one nice plant. Maybe 2.
    :) hope this helps. Any thing else I missed out on just ask. Pretty much covers covers up tho..
    Staysmokin!

6. That's what's Growing my friend is Buds! There Looking Good and are going to fatten up more before you harvest in about another month or so, depending on the strain. What lighting are you using? You might want to read up a little bit on drying and curing which will be very crucial and most important. Make sure your keeping your Humidity between 40 and 50% when the lights are out your humidity will rise so you may want to check and see what it is. because you may need a dehumidifier soon!
    Good Luck and Nice Job

7. Lo
    Also do some researching bud :) you'll gin some useful stuff. Thegrowboss in YouTube is pretty smart with shit. Check his stuff and all his other recommended videos when watching his look underneath;) have a good one. Holla if need help or follow me and giv a shout if have questions. Peaceee:)