Can anyone tell me why this keeps happening?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Punky_Brewster, Jan 20, 2020.

1. This is my second grow, and I seem to have run into this problem each time.

I'm growing in soil, using Advance Nutrients (bloom, micro, grow) and then Big Bud and Bud Candy when it gets into flower, I've got a 400W and 300W LED in there with them, a 6" carbon filter, and I typically try to PH my water/nutes to 6.5 with each feeding.

This happened with the clones I made over the summer. But, now it's happened again with my auto flowers. I thought it might be a Cal/Mag situation, so I've also added in Advance Nutrients CalMag.

It's literally all over the entire plant. Furthermore, the leaves quickly dry up and will break off. I've checked for pests, and there are none. It still flowers nicely, and I'm still harvesting them, but I have to assume it's impacting my yield and quality.

I'm about to go into my 3rd grow and would love to resolve this issue. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. nute burn! reduce the nutes...allow some breathing space IMO

good luck

• Like Like x 2
  3. Try what vostok said! I had a similar problem and someone said to add more pk
    So I did and it got worse!

This time around I'm going to try less is more approach level-ultimate

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. When I look online it says advanced nutes ph is 5.5-6.3. Try ph’n water in that range and see if it helps. I don’t believe it’s nute burn. Ud see that on tips and edges first

5. Yh could be lockout

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. What kind of soil? Very well could be nutrient antagonism caused by over fertilization . Meaning having an excess of one nutrient can block the uptake of another. Maybe dial back the feeding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Also what strength are you feeding and feed/water schedule?

8. I'm no expert, but it doesn't look at all like any nute burn I've ever seen'
    It looks like a calcium deficiency.
    calcium-deficiency-leaf-sm.jpg calcium-deficiency-cannabis.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Part of the game is trying new things to see what is/isn't working, so I'm trying a different soil this time, I'll try feeding them a little less, and I'll try giving them a lesser dose when I do feed them.

I'll also try dropping my PH from 6.5 to 6.2

Trial and error!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Why not try something other than soil?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. When u first start feeding start about a 1/4 strength and work ur way up to half then adjust as needed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Soil is my preferred method. It's just a lot easier for me and I know it can be done very well in soil.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Slurry test can probably help you out a lot

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. This plant is and was designed to just plant and grow, The old times didnt have all the technology and nutrient choices we have today and I think many growers over use nutrients thinking they will get some monster plant when it's simply not true. My personal opinion is use nutes sparingly bit ensure you start with good soil. I have grown many plants outdoors in planter boxes with zero nutrients and they grew to be healthy and big, clean water and great soil os the foundation to any grow, IMHO

15. #18 Green thumb noob, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    Ppl used nutes in the old days. They just didn’t use bottled nutes like we do. Powdered milk, salt , COW SHIT And many many many others..... shit I’m sure even way back when they fertilized the ground they planted on. 1840 was when the first known chemical fertilizer was used for crops....... I’d call that “old times”

here is a some info off an article I just read. A new study reveals that these early agriculturalists were fertilizing their crops with manure 8000 years ago, thousands of years earlier than previously thought.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. calmag it seems

17. I 100 percent agree, I think I came across wrong but what I meant was that all the different choices in chemicals and nutes we are just a click away from I believe causes more damage than good. True organic fertilizer you can create from recycling old eggshells and other foods is still the best to me. I have grown some incredible stuff using chicken poop from my neighbor and some dirt from my yard. I believe we overthink the grow game to much and sometimes it causes us to fry plants.

• Agree Agree x 1