can anyone tell me what's wrong with my girls ?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by STONEDxMEXICAN, Aug 9, 2012.

1. #21 jollyrancher1, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
    The caustic properties of the soup will react with vinyl, not good.

If you are gonna put anything in contact with your soup, I suggest you use a stainless coil tube.

Like this:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...l+tube+coil&geo_id=9932&adgroup_id=3161747932

For your application, since you don't want to immerse the coil, the same will work on the outside and the heat transfer will be much better then vinyl.

2. how much should i pay for a chiller? can i rip the guts out of somethig else>?
    on ebay(with shipping to aus) im looking at like 100min for a chiller, i wanna spend 30 max

3. yea boi! im trying to make money here not spend it.

having said that ofcourse id rather invest now in something that will work well than to have to replace it all teh time

eg. $100 chiller last me 3 years with no fuck-ups that kill my grow

vrs $30 chiller that might last a year and could possibly fuck up my grow

ill take the $100 one cuz im still saving money after the loss crop and replacements

4. Well put.

It is all a matter of," how serious do you take your grow?".

I refuse to have 2 months of grow time wasted because I didn't want to spend money (that I had).

5. i dig your style man, im the same. infact i only just started growing because i was so sick of the deals i was getting,

soon i realized that the cost to produce ratio is not as good on a small grow, so im going pro.

my research, and agian shipping costs and product availability has a lot to do with it in my region(australia), but ive found that around a 30% increase in budget can get me almost 100% more crrop....

but im a total noob... so keep teh advice coming.

thanks

6. Check out my rig.

It has evolved over the last four years, but works bitchin.

7. [quote name='"jollyrancher1"']

Check out my rig.

It has evolved over the last four years, but works bitchin.[/quote]

Do u have a pic of ur chiller ?

8. It is an Ecoplus 1/4 hp.

9. thats a $500 chiller :eek:

10. If you look at it that way, it isn't cheap.

If you consider what it cost for a failed crop both in time and expense, it is very cheap.

Just depends on how serious you are about your grow (and how deep your pocketbook is).

I figure that 2 oz of what I grow more then make up for the expense of a chiller.

Just the elimination of root rot and algae problems is worth it.

On top of that the difference in quality of the product makes it a no brainer. IMO

11. The vinyl will wrap the exterior of the rez

12. I noted that.

I said, "if you put anything in contact" and also mentioned that in your application you are not immersing the coil.

The heat transfer from the vinyl hose isn't going to be very efficient.

13. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my girls ... Help quick not sure what the problem is

ForumRunner_20120926_002554.png

ForumRunner_20120926_002620.png

14. nute burn