Can anyone tell me what this is? I have no idea how it was done

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by bigbluntblazin, Feb 9, 2015.

1. #1 bigbluntblazin, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
    So a friend of mine dropped this plant round my house today, he said it's been on his window sill for a few months and he's 'messed around with it a bit' what is wrong with this plant? Can anyone tell me anything about this?! Apparently it's cheese bag seed.. I really would like to know what's happened to it, if it's going to be okay to continue growing and anything else about why its so odd looking and so short for such an old plant!

Attached Files:

2. It looks like he might have just de-leafed the lower areas of the plant and tried to make it look like a little bonsai or something.

You can see some new growth coming back on some of the nodes which are the smaller leafs down low on the branches.

It should be fine, but he put it through a bunch of stress, and it might be stunted for awhile until it can regrow enough leaves to support much growth.

3. Let it dry out completely then repot it. Way to big for that cup.

4. a 3 leaf mutation!

The thick knuckles are where the plant was super cropped or broken when dropped.

5. Thanks guys! I thought it had been deleafed I just thought it would be best for a second opinion! As for the 3 leafs, they're all like that, there is a couple that have a single leaf too, that's not anything to worry about right? As for super cropping, that shouldnt affect the health of the plant, should it?

6. Put her under a proper light and it will grow, it's gonna require a bit of training. Drill holes around the top of your transplant bucket and start tying it down and opening it up.

7. Get a bigger pot it wil be grand if it aint that sunny were ya are get lights the 3 and 1 bladed leaves is from starting to early in the year

8. She will be fine. I've nursed sadder back to life. Let her dry out, grab the bread knife, chop some roots a little on the edge, repot with some good soil, dip and soak in some water and give it some good lights and let it recover. She doesn't need to be messed with for a while. Please keep us updated. =)