Can anyone tell me what these are?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iPharm, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Ok I know this might sound dumb... but I can't remember which batch my buddy picked these seeds out of.

He's been growing them for almost 3 months and now they're getting some nice buds on them with white/yellow hairs. The leaves around the buds are starting to get a lot of crystals on them too.

I'm not looking for an exact answer here as I know a lot of strains look similar but I've never seen any "reggies" grow like this around here.

Attached Files:

2. Also accepting tips and advice just in case you didn't know.

Pretty sure the brown spots on some of the leaves are due to them growing too close to the light for a day or so. That situation has been resolved though.

3. Absolutely no way to identify a strain from a picture, sorry.

4. It looks like a sativa/indica cross. What are you fertilizing with? There are a few nutrient issues going on there.

5. #5 iPharm, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
    Ah I can't remember the name of the fert he's using. It's Miracle Grow something and they're getting juiced every 2 weeks on Tuesday's.

I'll ask him tomorrow and give you the exact name.

Thanks for the quick replies, keep em coming:hello:

6. Looking good aside from the bit of burn, keep it up!

7. #7 iPharm, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
    Thanks justus315!

They smell quite nice ;) and the size of the buds after just under a month of flowering has me pretty happy.

Pinkpipe: the fertilizer is Miracle Grow All Purpose Fertilizer and soil is either Black Gold or Black Magic

8. Bump?

Not really to concerned about the strain but any tips are welcome! :D

9. What she said<-

:smoke:

10. The fertilizer is Miracle Grow All Purpose Fertilizer and soil is either Black Gold or Black Magic

11. That miracle grow is the problem, then. See how the stems are purple? The nutrients are too harsh for the plant. There may be some phosphorus and magnesium issues, too. I'd really recommend getting a more balanced fertilizer, like a good organic fertilizer. You'll yield more in the end if the plant isn't struggling for nutrients. You can get a big enough bag for $7 to last the rest of the grow.

12. If those lights are incandescent, they are too close and burning the plant. If you have too much fertilizer, use a flushing solution to get rid of the fert burn. Next time use soiless mix to avoid bugs and so you can better control nutrients, or better yet hydro DWC.

13. it looks alot like what i am growing if the buds have a bit of a yellow tinge to them its a sensi-star. its definately a hybrid. i also agree on the nutes. the plant definately shows nute burn.

14. Looking good. Just for future knowledge you can take a seed from the worst weed and if you take care of it and don't stress it you will receive dank bud. It is extremely hard to identify a strain based on a picture. Hope your harvest is plenty.

- Ganja
    :bongin:

15. one of my girls....sensi-star

[​IMG]

16. I can tell what these are, these are ganja plants.

17. You would be correct sir :D or at least I hope so :confused:

Pinkpipe: What would you recommend for fert then? I want these to be as good as possible.

Mrbob_58: Ya they look about the same except you'll be getting a ton more yield than I will lol. Keep up the good work bro!

Senor Smokey: I learned before that incandescent bulbs don't work too well... I'm using 3 2500k 23w CFLs (which I actually used for veg and flower, I now know that was a mistake) and another CFL I had lying around but not sure what it is. Gives off more of a yellow light though and I only use it for side light.

Thanks everyone for you quick replies and tips. I'm keeping all of it written down and noted for my next grow. I'll upload pics of my grow box made out of stuff I had in the garage. I think I might have spend a total of $5 of hardware for security reasons. It's a homejob but I think it'll do all right :)

18. U need a minimum of 100w (actual) - so 5 - 23w should do it.
    Also, for veg, u want 6500k. For flower, u want 2700k.

Freak
    :smoke:

19. So can anyone recommend a fert I should switch to? I still wanna juice them but I don't wanna burn em :(

20. Sorry about that. You can get good, organic fertilizers at home depot or lowe's. I think it's about $7 for a bag that will last a few plants all season indoors. Look for Kellog, Dr. Earth, E.B. Stone, etc.