Can anyone suggest old documentaries to watch

Discussion in 'Movies' started by GorillaGherkin, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Hey everyone. I rarely watch tv or movies haven’t had a interest to sit still that long since I was a teen. But I do love the news, sports,and documentaries. What documentaries have you guys watched that u found so interesting that you would tell someone about it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. #3 Canna Smurf, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    I am an astronomy nerd so I enjoy watching episodes of Cosmos and a series called Horizon on the BBC. My favorite presenter is Jim Al-khalili.

• Agree Agree x 2

3. Like John Dillinger(us) takes control of the White House

is what happens when Stalin takes over the USSR

4. Google whatever interest you the most that is how i find things to watch

5. If you're willing to search, the Prelinger Archives at archive.org has one of the biggest collections of historical documentaries. As other said, subject matter depends on your interests. One of my favorite genres is late 1800's - early 1900's street/amateur footage. There's more actual information about living at that time in one reel of street footage than in all movies and documentaries combined e.g.

Here's Market St. in San Francisco in fall 1905 (the year before much of it was destroyed by the 1906 quake):

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. My YouTube channel has a great old documentary series on the constitution called "The Constitution: That Delicate Balance". It's got all the big names from back in the day talking seriously like we never see anymore.

Planet Earth and Blue Planet are good.

The most evil men and women in history is good.

Ken burns anything is good

Nova and BBC horizon have their moments

Just my 2cents

• Like Like x 2

7. Unique view on the Danish military and how they view a war they didn't initiate, but feel obligated to fight in