Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can anyone relate to this? (how I am when I am high)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by greenwins3, Feb 5, 2008.

1. This may be a little rambled, but I am very curious to see if anyone else experiences some of the same things I feel when I am high. In this post, I don't mean to come off as arrogant or even crazy - I don't think I'm either - but I do feel like this is a little abnormal.

When I'm high I two things usually happen. For the first portion of my high, I experience the happy emotions everyone does, I like trippy things, love a good movie or TV show, and even like talking to everyone. However, this usually shifts to a deeper, more perceptive high. Sometime these heightened perceptions of the world around me are interesting, but some are kind of disturbing. Some are enlightening and help me, but some scare me to an extent.

First, I sometimes get the feeling that I am much more of an observer than others. A lot of people are living their lives, which is great, but I sometimes feel as if I am an observer of their lives. Yes I have my own personality and interact great with my friends, but sometimes I feel when I'm with certain people that I am just an observer. With this comes the fact that I feel I have heightened intelligence in that aspect. I think I understand relationships and personality types very well. I'm sometime saddened how some people can be so simple and have so much fun. Think of the simpletons you know: those who like a few distinct things, aren't particularly smart, but are usually great people. I have a lot of fun, but my life is full of lots of thinking, and sometimes self-questioning. I can't help but feel that a lot of other people go through this (or at least not to this extent).

I think I sometimes question my social role within my friends too much. I always assume I have to have my niche. I'm not the funny guy (but I make my fair share of funny remarks), I'm not the outgoing guy (though I'm sort of outgoing), etc. However, I do see myself as kind of having a little bit of everything. This is great, but some times I kind of want to be something. However, when I think about it, I always come to the conclusion that I like how I am the most - good at a little bit of everything. Yet, I still yearn to experience both sides. I have a little condition sometimes: I often reminisce on things I haven't experienced and wish that I had. I logically know this is an irrelevant thought and that everyone experiences the same amount of things (no matter what those may be - watching tv, computer, partying, etc), but it still bores me. Sometimes, instead of reminiscing how I used to always watch Seinfeld, I'll be brooding over the fact that I never watched Simpsons. Instead of thinking about my core group of 9-10 awesome friends that I have, I think about how I didn't go the route of having hundreds of not-so-close friends. I have friends that are like that and I can't help but see the "grass is greener on the other side" thoughts. Then I think, would I really want a bunch of friends but no real tight friends? I sometimes wish I didn't have this questioning outlook, but sometimes I kind of like it.

I may add more later. grammar may be off and a bit discombobulated (hahahah great word).

thanks a ton for reading. it felt good to get that off my chest. replies would be great.

2. ive always felt like an observer and i can def. relate to the whole being saddened by peoples simplicities. i dont really think of myself as all that intelligent but i do feel a hell of a lot smarter than half the people i deal with day to day...as for the social role stuff i think a lot of people if not most everyone feels that way? i dunno i know i always have i guess i feel like i was always the funny guy in the group...if i wasnt making everyone laugh i didnt feel like i belonged ..it kinda sucked so i say your better off not having some kinda 'set role' in yer mind....just be yourself, its obviously what your friends already approve of...and the whole questioning decisions (seinfeld vs simpsons stuff u said) i think like that all the time lol i recommend trying not to, because theres nothing you can really do about the past in most cases...hope my reply makes some sense or helpes or smtg im pretttttttty fuckin tired and baked right now :smoke:

3. I no 100 percent what you mean.

4. i havent read it all yet but i skimed and i think ur just baked :p lol

5. I feel the same way about the first part... when I was on shrooms, I described it to my friend as me feeling I was a writer, but I only wrote in my head...
    but I feel I over analyze things... when I get baked, sometimes I feel my friends aren't really my friends...

6. I know exactly where you're coming from when it comes to being saddened by other people being so simple. It's just your personality, it has nothing to do with being baked. You're just a very analytic person. You're the type of person who questions everything. I'm the exact same way. Some people float through life not questioning the realities around them, and some people (usually the more intelligent people) just feel that they need to know and understand everything around them.

Just a question, how old are you? I'm nearly 18 and I'm exactly the same way. I think it has something to do with growing up as well.

7. I only smoke really good weed and what you described is almost exact to the way i feel most of the time when i smoke. I can relate to so many things that you just said.

8. I can pretty much completely relate to all that.

9. all i can say is well said brother.

for me weed has always taken the edge off, helped me unwind and relate back to the world.
    whenever i cheddar i always look at others and then do a self-assessment.
    it really does help to learn more about yourself and the world around you.

well put!

10. thanks for the replies. It's very comforting to see so many people relate to me. As far as me being an analytic person, I 100% agree. I just sometimes wish I could stop analyzing everything. I can have a blast of a time sober, I don't get why I can never stay euphoric for a time being high. I'm pretty smart, I don't need all the analysis when I'm baked, I just want to relax and have a good time.

edit:
    I am almost 19

11. sorry fool, gotta be 18 to play :(

12. my thoughts exactly sometimes. But in my case, sometimes I don't think at all. I guess I've learned to just go with the flow and not think about my experieces at certain times.

13. I know exactly what you mean. Very well explained

14. LOL wow never thought I would read something that explains my situation so well. I over think everything and would often feel as if I had no close friends. Maybe weed makes you over analyze or maybe it frees your mind from being ignorant to your surroundings and social relationships. Very interesting!

15. Yea, this is alot how I feel. (Im 42 tho)

16. Ive been smokin 20 years now, I dont get the giggles, or the munchies or paranoid or overy analytical about things - i just basically do it cause i like it now

Tolerance bites ass :cool:

17. it seems like a lot of you guys know what I mean. How do you deal with it?

18. That observer feeling, I've gotten that before, and some of the other stuff, but not most of it. This one guy was telling about how he felt when he was high and it was exactly like me, I wish I could find that post.

19. everything that has been said is exactly how i thought when i was 15 years old, sober. now 19, that hasn't changed, even when high. what a ka-winky-dink.

20. Seems to be a solid analysis of a high not abnormal.
    I suppose we all feel the need to preface our posts with some self doubt. I know I do.