Can anyone recommend a good PH meter?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by tacotacoburrito, May 26, 2011.

1. I want to get something better than my combo pen (Hanna 98129, Cost about $150). A remote probe would be nice. I'm willing to spend 2-300 USD or a tad more if needed. Now that I am committed to growing my own from here on out I juts want something I don't have to worry about for the long run.

2. Thanks a lot! Those both look perfect.

3. pH meters are important especially for checking the run-off in COCO or other soiless gardens. Make sure you find out how long or how difficult it will be for your coco to start at the pH it needs (5.7) for all necessary nutrients to be available to your immature plant your about to transplant. Coco's pH must be set before the plant is in there. Read my One and Only post so far. Give me your thoughts and tell me if it makes sense.

4. we don't check run off in coco.andthats ur 8th post not one and only

5. taco I would go with Milwaukee why? because they rock. about 2 months after I bought my combo I dropped it in the rez just for a second(wear the wrist strap)and it had messed it up after calling them(didn't tell them I dropped it in the drink) And soaking the probe it returned to normal.well last week she start acting funny again so i called and after trying everything over the phone that we could I sent it in.next day shipping they got it on tuesday and I got it back on thursday with a brand new $70 probe and 2 packs each of 7.0/ec/ppm fluids for FREE. YEP FREE
    the guy I talked to rocks I was expecting a call or email saying something like we know u dropped it and its gonna cost bah bah bah, but no got it back in less then a week and to top it off I didn't have to provide any proof of purchase.

6. Wow, that is very cool. That kind of service seems to be hard to come by nowadays. I'm definitely leaning towards Milwaukee, I'll read up on them this weekend. If they are close then the customer service says Milwaukee wins!

How often do you have to calibrate? Does it hold calibration well?

Thanks again

7. I cal about once a week but could probably go longer . it holds the ph side awesome the ec and ppm are the ones that I see the most change but really it don't get that much out of whack.

8. milwaukee is good. i actually use their milwaukee 100 or 110 im not sure haha. i calibrate once a month if that