Can anyone help with this??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bushmaster15, Mar 1, 2017.

1. woke up to this this morning.. They were perfectly fine and healthy 2 days ago. Can anyone tell me what is causing this?? Soil PH is 6.5-7.. Haven't got my water meter yet so not sure of water ph. Haven't had to feed yet... In Kellogg's potting mix with added perlite. Room temps between 65-77 and rh is 45% -55%.

Attached Files:

2. Leaves in second pic looks like ph issue and/or over-watered. Once you get that ph meter I hope that fixes your problem. Try not to feed it extra nutes until you are able to make sure you have ph'd water going in. When I get a problem with my plants I take them from 24/0 to 18/6 and it seems to slow down whatever is wrong with them until I get it fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks overwatered and possibly pest ridden. Check the leaves, stem junctions, underside of leaves, and the soil for eggs/flies/larvae/webs. Doesn't look like a nutrient issue, it looks like pests to me.

4. No pests whatsoever. I thought I had a spider mite issue bc of the spots that appeared so I treated with Neem. Never found any mites on any of the plants though. Even hung a few pest strips in hopes of catching something. All I caught was a few ladybugs.

5. They are definitely overwatered at this point, I had just watered before I drenched them in neem.

6. I saw a picture of a plant with a boron deficiency and they look very similar... But don't want to add anything that could make it worse.

7. I don't know of a nutrient issue, or ph issue, that would cause damage like that. That looks like thrips, which are notoriously difficult to see.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I came across this picture and is why I asked about boron. Do you recommend that I continue to treat with neem to deal with the thrips or should I use something stronger?

Attached Files:

9. And I appreciate the input and help! Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'd dig around with a jewelers loupe or microscope and see what you can find. If you see no evidence of pests at all, I'd halt the been and flush the shit out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. Will do. I have a pocket microscope left over from my guerilla growing days. I'll have a look at everything with it.
    The soil should be dried out by morning or close... Think I should wait or hit them tonight?

12. I'd wait until we can figure out what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. #13 Bushmaster15, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    I just figured it out I think. I'm an idiot. Pretty sure I mixed the neem a little to strong and cooked them the when the light kicked on. I also applied it Sunday night and last night.

Edit: at least I sprayed them at lights out. Ha.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Seems to mainly have affected the new growth.

15. Could very well be. At this point, I'd discontinue the neem, do a good flush, and then start back on your regular nutrient schedule.

16. Are the plants stunted?

17. As of this morning all of the new growth tips are crispy. So, I'm going to top again in hopes that I can salvage these plants. But, I'm going to germinate more seeds to be safe.

18. I've never had to deal with this in the great outdoors.