Can anyone help me with this question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by new grow, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Wondering if any one here could help me with this.

2. The plant will start flowering when the light period naturally changes...if you want big plants, plant them early and they will have a long veg time. Make sure the roots have alot of good and aerated soil to grow in.

3. Ok thanks!

4. Any suggestions for a good easy simple to make airiated soil mix cuz to get to my grow because my grow site is out on an island on a river I got to walk too and I don't feel like lugging to much out there haha

5. Peat based substrate, compost and perlite... to keep it simple that works every time. You can play with your ratios but the peat will keep the soil nice fluffy and aerated, the perlite aerates the soil also, and compost adds microbiology, nutrient value and other beneficials to your medium.

6. Outdoors no plant has a specific growing period. If a plant tends to finish in early October.. it's going to do so regardless of whether you plant it in Mar May or June. The plant is reacting to change in photoperiod as you reach the autumn equinox.. 12/12 around September 21st where I live. My plants tend to start flowering in August as the light hours start dropping rapidly. The Summer Solstice is June 21st where I'm at (15 hrs day 9 hrs night) and after that as the daylight hours start rapidly dropping thru July/August the plant will start flowering sometime during that period. Depending on the strain they usually go into full bloom in August.

7. The plants is photoperoidic and will not bloom until the light cycle is reduced below 14 hours. The plant will stay in vegetative state until the daylength is reduced below 14 hours regardless of the planting dates, early or late.

PW