Can anyone help me? new grower for hydro setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mangoOG, Jan 25, 2011.

1. #1 mangoOG, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2011
    Hey everyone,

Im looking to get a hydroponic setup going in a one car garage. Im going to do around 6 plants to start off. Lemon Skunk, White Widow, and some Trainwreck. Havnt though of the last three but if anyone wants to shout some suggestions. :D

Alright, so im thinking 1kw HPS to start? is that good for 6? or not enough or should i get more plants in there or what? i have a decent amount of space for this, setting up with the 'Bubble buckets' and im thinking if i space the plants further apart, the more room they have to grow the better right? how much space could one 1kw light cover? and ive heard blue light is good for veg and red is good for flowering, so im looking to add those along with the HPS, maybe some cfls? or leds? im not sure any ideas?

now im not looking to buy into the hydroponic stores trying to make a sale declaring a product as the "best one out" so what are some things you guys have used Nute-wise that really worked the best?
    So im thinking on a carbon fliter with some fans and ventilation, im wondering what size resevoir would work for this many plants? and what is that based on?

Is there anything else I need to be worrying about? or can anyone share some tips for a high yeild and some nice/healthy looking ladies? This is much appreciated.

Sorry for all the questions, dont mean to sound like a noob but we all got to start somewhere :cool: ive been doing alot of reading on here recently, but it would feel good to get some input on my own plan.
    Thanks everyone! hope to hear from you