can anyone figure this out?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by .HiGhGuY., Mar 18, 2007.

1. ok..this is my problem..i've been doing everything right according to multiple different grow guides, and for some reason my buds are forming really really slow... i started 12/12 on feb. 12th and the buds are not even that big yet, i've seen pics of peoples plant on day 20 of flowering with buds 2-3 times as big as mine. anyone have a solution?

-4 female blueberry strain plants
    -aero setup.
    -ph has been around 5.7 but i raised it up to 6.0 because i read that
    -flowering plants favorite nutrient is phosforus which is most available at ph
    of 6.0
    -root temp is about 27-30 Deg C
    -the only problem i can think of is the temp gets really high (about 95 deg. F)
    during the dark cycle. this has only been within the last week, and i
    ordered a portable ac that will be arriving on monday.
    -last week i added monster bud to try and help, doesn't seem to be helping.
    -plants have a constant supply of fresh air during light cycle
    -there is a fan blowing air around in grow area

if anyone has any idea what is going on, or has had this problem before please let me know, i'm clueless. thanks, lata.

on a good note, i got a $150 digi cam 3rd cheapest one at bestbuy and it takes amazing pics. check out these early forming trichomes...

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      77.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      47.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      84.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      88.6 KB
      Views:
  2. the best i can think is not enough light, or the light is too far away. what kind of lighting set up do you have?

3. are you giving your plant flowering stage nutrients?

4. haha, damn i can't believe i forgot to say....i'm using and air cooled 400w hps and it is about 5" from tops.. and yes i switched to bloom nutrients same day i switched to 12/12 no light leaks....i just dont get it.

5. what is the flowering time on that strain? if it's a 12 week sativa, then i'd say your right on schedule.

6. well dude did you start counting flowering when you started 12/12 or when the first lil budlets are appearing (which seems about now) ?

7. hey..the flowering time says 8-10 weeks.. here is the link to where i bought the seeds from
    http://www.marijuana-seeds.nl/blueberry_marijuana_seeds.html

the buds started forming like a week or 2 ago... plus the plants don't seem to be using any nutrients. everyday i check and the ppm's are steadily rising. ph has been stable at 5.9-6 i change the solution every other week, i'm due for a change in 4 days.

8. first off, u say that ur light is only 5" away from the tops... this could certainly cause issues if the tops of the plants are getting tooo hott!!! Make sure that it isnt hott under the lamps or your going to stunt the shit outta your plants.

Secondly, you may want to check for light leaks... LIght leaks are always a direct correlation to bud growth, if u hvae light entering during dark cycle, the plants will get confused and mite try n revert back to veg mistakenly. Dont confuse them and make sure the 12 hours are absolutely DARK. When i say dark, I mean pitch black!!!!

Other than that, genetics... cant think of much more but figured id try to shed some light. gluckz

oh yea i didnt realize ur only 2 weeks into flowering.... its normal for buds to start off slow. the most growth will occur within the last 3 or 4 weeks of budding... give it tyme and make sure to keep it dark in there! :)

9. U know sativas grow longer than indicas right? so if u have a sativa x indica yours might be further on the sativa side causing it to do everything slower...

besides that i see 3 possible problems.....

first off u didnt mention how much light u were using or what type of lights, it could be too weak to penetrate the canopy...and

number 2 ...95 DEGREES IN THE DARK???? wow...ur baking them man...just imagine the stress they feel with the lights on! and

3 the humidity is probably low bcuz of the high heat..if not then lower ur temps and u'll see that the 2 needs to be directly proportionate.

also, they will slow down if root bound, so check that, or if they want more co2..so give em co2 when the lights are on, it helps with the photosynthesis (does nothing to give them co2 in the dark.) or it could be a characteristic of the strain.

ps great lookin buds man, keep it up

10. blueberry usually takes anywhere from 55-65 days to finish..starting from the first day you see budsites till the end...if ur only on day 20 dont sweat it ur 1/3 of the way there.. first the buds develop, now for the stretching and fattening :)

11. yeah, i know the tops are sort of close to the light, but the reflector has a glass lense and is completly sealed off, with 6" ducting with a fan cooling off the light. i'm pretty sure it isn't that. i know it sounds wierd, but its 95 in dark cycle its COOLER during the light cycle though...in dark cycle when the hut is completly sealed (to keep out light) the humidity gets up to about 97% so i have to run the dehumidifier, but that thing puts off alot of heat, which raises up the temp. in light cycle, the temp is around 75-80 deg F because i leave the hydrohut doors open, which lowers temps and provides constant fresh air.

12. you still have not told us what kind of light, and what wattage????????????

13. i forgot at first, but its right here, the third reply and the plants are really close to the light, but it is air cooled, so i don't think that would be a problem

14. the plants are still growing vertically how when will they stop, i just had to re tie them down today and i'm running out of room. hopefully i get a desent harvest so i can afford to buy that nutramist garden setup. then i will also do a scrog, and shoot for about 4 pounds from 6 plants. with a 3.5x3.5 ft screen is that doable? will i get more less?

15. i dnt think that is doable at all...u would need alot more light then a 400 watter...prolly a couple 1000 watt lights on that screen...but u already have heat issues so i doubt thats gna happen it will get way to hot...u will need to veg for a long time and alot more plants if u wanna get 4 pounds....but if i was u i would lower the amount u want down to 2 pounds.....

16. you sure 420?? cuzz from what i've heard..the ammount of light you need goes by the space, not the ammount of plants...400w is supposed to cover a 4'x4' area...which is the size of my hydro hut, but the screen will be a little smaller so i can work around it. and i've never done a scrog before but i looked at a whole bunch of posts and there were some people getting about a LB per plant... with less than a 400w light. think it was a 250w. i figured that 6 plants and a 3.5'x3.5' screen should get at least 4 lbs. but if i ended up with 6 lbs that would be even better.

17. a scrog is only good for 4 oz tops per plant. 6 plants will get you like 1 pound and a 1/2 not 4