Can anyone explain the difference between these 2 cfl bulbs?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrimloxK, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Hi, so I'm about to buy some bulbs from 1000bulbs.com and I see 2 different sets of 2700k bulbs with almost the same exact specifications and from the same company I was going to get 4 of the cheaper $4 bulbs compared to the $14. Can anyone tell me if theres is a difference?

Expensive bulb:
    42 Watt - CFL - 150 W Equal - 2700K Warm White - Min. Start Temp. -20 Deg. F - 82 CRI - 67 Lumens per Watt - 15 Month Warranty - TCP 28942-27 | 1000Bulbs.com

Cheaper version:
    42 Watt - CFL - 150 W Equal - 2700K Warm White - Min. Start Temp. -20 Deg. F - 82 CRI - 67 Lumens per Watt - 15 Month Warranty - TCP 801042 | 1000Bulbs.com

2. Probably just the brand, as odd as that sounds.

3. they're both under tcp though....I want to know why theres a $10 difference. I'm afraid to pull the plug

4. Contact the manufacturer and ask them. I suspect that the main difference between them is the profit margin.

5. #5 deacon, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2011
    i suspect the difference is a typo on their part...if not..im get some 42 watters:p..just added some to cart and they priced out though..maybe they ream ya on ship

6. thats weird.

The only difference i see is one says warm white and the other says no bulb colour

7. the more expensive one might be a 3-way bulb

8. Toasty what do you mean when you say profit margin

the only difference i see is that the cheaper bulb uses "amalgamated technology". Damn what should i do...

9. The more expensive one is .3 inches shorter. That's the only difference I see.

I was expecting to see a difference in life expectancy, but they're rated to be the same o_O I know I picked up some lights at my local wally world that were exactly the same except one was rated for less hours.

10. I meant that my guess is that only major difference is they make perhaps $1 profit on the cheap bulb and $10 profit on the expensive bulb...

11. I use the cheaper ones......I've had great results with CFL

LONG LIVE THE CURLY-BULBS