Can ANYONE answer this question about pizza?

Discussion in 'General' started by jacktown, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Because italians have secretly been trying to make anchovies extinct. See, in the early 1740s renegade roman soldiers started stockpiling anchovies in large coolers made out of stone and styrofoam. most of them were orange but some of them were blue. They knew if one day they could get humans to eat the rest of the anchovies in the ocean that they would then have a monopoly on anchovies. A few years later, pizza was invented. The timing was almost too perfect.

And there you have it

2. I think it's an older generation thing. One of my aunts loves anchovies on pizza.

I've had it a few times, like people said, salty, not something I would put on my pizza, but it's tolerable.

But I also will eat sardines once in a great while, will get a craving for them.

3. Crackerbarrel my friend. breakfast all day erry day.

4. ^ I love Craka barrel

5. closest one to me is a bit of a drive lol

6. i just had cracker barrel breakfast th other day at like 3 pm everything was so fuckin ssalty. the biscuts, the sausage, the everything

7. Most unfortunate. I've never had a bad meal from there.

8. i can deal with lil fish but pineapple is some bullshit

9. pineapple, bacon, and ham on a pizza is fucking super delicious

10. I second this.

11. My dad likes anchovies on his pizza.
    I don't. Some people do, though.
    That's why they offer it as a topping. ;-)

12. probably because anchovies are so easy and cheap and small to keep for long periods of time that for the small amount of people who do order them it's worth it. it doesn't take up space the store needs, it doesn't cost much, they don't go bad. so when someone occasionally wants them it's not a problem and they get to keep those customers happy.

13. Because when pizza was first introduced it was peasant food; bread with maybe some sliced tomatoes and olive oil and anchovies because they were cheap and plentiful and they pretty much never go bad. In fact, the mainstream image of pizza (cheese, pepperoni, etc.) is due to "Americanization." That is, when Italian immigrants came to the U.S. many pizzerias began to cater to local tastes and it quickly evolved into what we know as pizza today. Anchovies remain on the menu for traditional reasons.

14. Yea, I fucking love cracker barrel. but the closest one to me is like 45 minutes away. So I dont love it enough to go on a road trip just to go there. But whenever I'm on a long road trip/out in the country, I always make sure I stop by a crackerbarrel.

I love getting stoned, eating a big meal, then hanging out on those rocking chairs they always sell.

15. There are no Craka barrells in NY. I only get to enjoy them when I travel outside the Tri State area. I do think there is one in CT though

16. Duddde, you're making me miss this place in Myrtle Beach, SC. They had shrimp scampi pizza that was OH MY GOD SO DELICIOUS. now i have an insatiable desire that will only be quenched by a 4 hour car ride to that pizza place.

Or, maybe a Domino's cali chicken bacon ranch with extra bacon will suffice :D

17. Papa Murphy's chicken bacon stuffed pizza is fucking unworldly, only its take n bake, but i have an oven... so

18. eewwww Domino's :bolt:

19. I've heard great things about Papa Murphy's, This one podcast I listen to raves about them.

We dont have them in my area yet I dont think