Can anyboday tell me what's up with my plant

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by zebo1234, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Can anyone tell me what's up with the plant on the right it's exactly the same clone exactly the same age only difference is the Coco I have used one is just pure Coco the green one the one that's yellowing is in Coco perlite mix charge the Coco is called they are both gettin the exact same feeds as well [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2. How often are you feeding them?
    You might consider cleaning up the dead stuff......it attracts bugs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks I will do that now and I feed every day sometimes miss a day I feed 2 LTRs a day till run off they're 11ltr pots

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

4. The perlite increases the oxygen content in the medium and it holds less moisture than pure coco fibers. The coco/perlite is probably drying out much faster than the pure coco and you're getting ppm spikes between feeding in that one. I'd increase frequency and try your best not to ever miss a day.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5. I've had lots of people explain to me you don't need perlite in Coco. Coco is very difficult to over water and the roots can get plenty of oxygen, and the drainage is fine without perlite. If you're having troubles with the perlite I simply wouldn't use it. Cheers!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Have you ever soaked coco?

Do you grow in coco?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. This is your problem. Plants in coco need to be fed daily to runoff in order to avoid hotspots in the medium and lockout.

It not soil. Its hydroponics.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. #8 90's Hippie, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Well my pops who's been doing this for over 25 years only grows in coco now and we never use perlite. But yes I have two seedlings I just started in coco no perlite. I guess my point is I don't notice a difference

However I do understand the benefits of perlite. I just don't think it's needed as much as people believe in coco. Coco is an awesome drainage medium by itself, perlite can help with the flushing aspect. I'll definitely try it again if there's people who have done side by side tests with noticeable differences.