can any1 help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by weelynnie, Aug 6, 2006.

1. dont know if i really have problem but would like an opinion, i am growing 1 clone in a 10 litre bubbler system it is in its second week of veg and comin on jus nicely, the first day i had the clone i put it under a 400 watt hps and totally cooked it, it recovered very quickly much to my surprise as i lost bout 4 inches of main stem. when i recieved clone it was 8 inches tall lost 4 of which and now it stands 11 inches tall 2 weeks after cooking it, the plant is now under a 150 hps with constant room temp of 86 degrees airflow fan etc with 2 main vents to ext wall (vents are not mechanical jus airbricks) the problem is my stems a turn red and seems to be very consistent throughout plant it is not stripes or lines its the whole stems gradually turning red plants are being fed 40ml of nutrient solu per 10 litres water, 40ml of grow, and a pinch of yeast am i doing something wrong? if i followed instructions on feed bottles it would be recieving almost double my dose, plant is under 18/6 and looks very healthy. please help

2. I wouldn't worry about the red stems, it is natural for some strains to show this color.

3. I agree with Lucian.
    Also, don't be afraid of the 400 watt HPS. if you fried it the first time you obviously had it too close in combination with too high temperatures. Your temp now of 86 is almost too hot. Some would say it is too hot. You could keep the 400 HPS 24 inches from the tops at first to get her used to it. Then gradually move it to 18 inches plus or minus depending on room temps. On my last flowering stint, some of my colas were 2-4 inches from my 400 hps with a fan blowing directly at them, 83 degrees and no problems.