Can any one tell me wtf is going on here? I'm pretty sure I'm growing some other shit in there

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by tarcunt, Jul 26, 2016.

• Like Like x 1
  1. That's what happens when you use outdoor soil. Comes pre-loaded with roots, spores and seeds (not to mention bacteria, possible diseases, and bugs) from other plants. If you've got a weed seed in there, wait until it sprouts and transplant it into some proper, clean soil. ASAP

• Like Like x 1
  2. The quality of the soil you grow your seeds in has a whole lot to do with the journey you travel while growing it. If you're gonna go organic, you've at least got to make an effort to clean the soil you're going to use. Drainage is a huge issue when growing these things too. That soil looks very nice and rich, but will hold water like a sponge. MJ plants hate to have their roots just sitting in moisture all the time so the soil needs mixed with perlite at about a 60/40 soil/perlite ratio to get some drainage going. I suggest you take the time to do a little reading about how to do this before you go any further. There are some basic facts you need to know before you even put seed to soil. You'll have to learn them and if not by being proactive and devoting a little time to it now, you'll figure it out when your plant won't grow or gets sick. Go to the beginner growers thread down near the bottom of the "forums" page. In that thread at the top of the page are a bunch of posts called "sticky's" and these contain most of the basics for the newbie to help he/she get started and grow a plant with as little stress as possible to the plant. Any time you stress one out, it has to recover and that's time lost to fixing something that likely could've been avoided to begin with. Most new growers kill their plants with water, so you can understand why I'm saying to go get some proven "how to" and starter training. Looking at pics and journals of experienced growers who are growing the way you are, are an awesome source for the new grower. Soak up everything you can about how to do it and the plant itself because the more you know, the better result you get in the end. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Should I keep it? Will it grow??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Th right that crap back into the yard and go purchase a quality soil from the store. Something along the lines of Ocean Forrest, Fix Farms or Happy Frog to name a few. The better the soil you use the better the results and larger the yields. You should NEVER skimp on SOIL. Get the best you can afford and use the largest pot possible. I would also purchase a grow book or two and do your research. The books have the instructions to grow and will answer any question you have. I recommend Jorge Cervantes Marijuana Encyclopedia And Ed Rothensals grow book. Both will are excellent investments.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app