Can a shorter male plant pollinate a taller female plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CroNicxBlunts31, Dec 22, 2011.

1. I was just wondering if lets say you have a 7-12 inch male plant, and, two 1.5 to 2 ft females next to one another, would the male plant pollinate the females, or is it possible for the females to still achieve sensimilla due to the male being so short it cannot pollinate the taller female?

2. The male will pollinate the females. In the outdoors males can Pollinate females even being a couple yards away.

3. How long untill it is to late to kill the male?

4. Usually when the male forms the "Balls" (Kind of look like grapes) I cut them down. But you could keep them for a while into flowering. Just be wary because they can become over seedy if there is a male around for too long. Remember you could always veg your females for a while and take cutting off of them. And continue to veg the mothers(to produce more cuttings.) and grow the clones and you can get a cycle of constant bud. Just putting that out there.

5. Each grain of pollen is so incredibly heavy that no gust of wind could ever possibly blow it upwards a few inches... :rolleyes:

OMG Tok3master you are more patient than I am.

Get rid of the males as soon as you can identify them as males, there's no benefit to waiting and you could mess up your harvest if you do. Be gentle with the males, best to carefully bag them before moving them, you can shake loose pollen in the process of yanking them out.

6. Yes, i am almost 99% sure the short one is a male. He seems to have a group of three baby circles in the very top inner left and right nodes near the very very top and the top have seemed to stop making the typical baby fan leaves and have started to form what looks like a cone.

Also for the cuttings, do i need a clone kit for that? or can i just take a cutting and it will root on its own? Also can i allow the girls to fully flower pick it and then change it to veg for cuttings?

7. your going to want a rooting compund like "Clonex" its a couple bucks. and medium to plant it in. the rooting compound helps speed up the process and has more of a succes rate. there are some awesome guides to cloning here on GC. even some guides to make a bubbler Cloner. Thats what I'm planning on making next.

And when I put the males into flowering I only leave them for a little bit and then I make hash or do what ever with about the top 6 inches or so. Because it still has a decnt amount of thc. No sense wasting the nutes and time you spent on it. But I'm extremely careful with my plants, and noone else even knows about them, Besides you guys on GC.