Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can a school do this?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bud luver, Mar 22, 2010.

1. i was sleeping in class and then my teacher requests a drug test i refuse it cause i smoked the day before and because i refused it i received a 4 day
    suspension. I dont really care cause my spring break
    starts in exactly 4 days so it all worked out

2. No, there is no way.

that can't be the whole story dude, you were sleeping so she's like " let's go drug test now"

you must have been doing this a lot or being suspicious.

you sound under 18 to me too....

3. That does, in fact, sound under age. They can't drug test you unless you appear to be high, and I'm fairly certain they can't do it without consent of your parents.... you might want to google it...

4. They obviously can do it because they did it. Happy blazing on spring break. :smoke:

Edit: So what if he "sounds" under 18, we are assuming he is 18.

5. I don't even know if schools 1) have authority to make pupils take drugs tests or even 2) care enough to spend the money on a drug test.

Do you go to some like private, weird school?

6. When they requested the drug test, you should said "Look, I smoke and there is not a damn thing you can do about it because I have never done it during school. Yeah, I was sleeping in class that has nothing to do with me being under the influence of anything, it has to do with the fact I have to wake up at 7 in the morning to be in this hell hole everyday. Fuckers."

7. Why do you gotta jump to conclusions?

8. i know me and my parents plan on suing beacuse that is the entire story and im 18 btw a seinor

9. If you're in the US, your schools can drug test for whatever reason they want

10. Fuck off dude, just because someone is in high school doesn't mean there underage.

Once you enter school you pretty much loose all your rights, so yea, I'm pretty sure they can request a drug test when every they want. Bullshit, I know, but I guess you have to deal with it.

11. lol your teacher cannot request a drug test, I dont even know how that would work with administrators, and saying it was because of sleeping could not possibly be the reason. My buddy who has no tolerence got extremely baked and went to school(senior in highschool) a couple weeks back, and his teacher thought he was actually drunk so they sent him to the main office where idk what happened but he ended up just being sent home, because obviosly their is no tell tale sign of marijuana use, and his breath didnt smell of alcohol of any kind.

12. your stripped of most of your rights when your in school man. I was just standing in the office and the principle requested to search me so i said uh no why would you wanna even do that, next thing i know my pipe is shattered and im suspended for 3 days.... and it was 5 days before i graduated so i laughed at them and said "see you at graduation" and didnt come back for the last 2 days i had to spend there after the 3 days hahaha fucking dumbasses

13. #13 Nag Hamadi, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2010
    If sleeping in class is reason enough to be drug tested I should've been tested every week in jr. high, and I wasn't on drugs (yet). At the alternative school I ended up graduating from, however, the teachers knew I was a drug user, along with 99% of all the kids there.

14. well actully last year i got caught going out to smoke with a friend who had an oz on him he was a in school dealer lol and i had so much legal shit to go threw maybe beacuse of this they had some right to test but im not sure

15. It depends on the school board code.
    Like at my old High School they were NOT aloud to drug test.
    Not even the sports teams.
    They had to have written concent from parents if they wanted to do that.

So it really all depends on the school.

16. no offence or anything, but you kind of brought it on your self. I doubt a teacher would just want to drug test you for sleeping, are you failing his/her class?

anything that would make him/her dislike you or give them an idea you smoke?

17. I go to a private school with random DT's, and one teacher in the place is notorious for sending kids down for drug tests if they sleep or she's suspicious. Again, private school, not public, so I don't know about you, but for me, it's far from unheard of.

18. This question inevitably comes up at least once a week around here, and it's always the same responses.

You've got one side that's saying fuck no/they can't do that/Constitution/Legal Rights/etc....

And then you've got the other side that's saying kiss your rights goodbye/in XXXXX country/county, they can do whatever they want/you in private school/how old are you anyway/etc...

OP, I'm not trying to attack YOU here, but I just get tired of this scenario and subsequent questions being brought up at least once a week, and to be totally honest, not one of us here really has a fucking clue as to what YOUR school system has in the way of drug policies that YOU have to abide by, which may not even be the same damn policies in the next county over 2 miles down the road from your school.

Seriously, the most valuable suggestion I can give you right now right here is for you to get a copy of your student handbook and read it, because in the end, it's THAT book that is going to give you the answer you seek here.

If that fails to give you an answer, then I would suggest you contact a lawyer within your county limits that specializes in this sort of thing.

Yeah, we all know that the Constitution should protect you from this kind of abuse, but we also all know that most of your Rights are taken away the second you step foot on campus.

19. Our high school made you sign something consenting to random drug testing if you wanted to participate in extracurricular activities (field trips, football, band, or anything along those lines). It sucked. :(