Can a plant top...itself???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by manwall, Nov 22, 2011.

1. so if anyone can help tell me what happeneded thx i jus looked at my plants tht are 2 weeks into flower and today i noticed on of the colas on the side of the plant has two flowers forming on the branch, but i know for a fact i never topped this plant just extensive lst pics in a sec

2. Here they R 1st pic is a lil blurry

Attached Files:

3. yeah..not that rare...its almost common in real branchy strains..what ya want is for internodes ta just grow together in huge kolas

[​IMG]

4. Oh just curious man it's my first grow and tht plant is a bagseed and it's def a sativa Dom nice plant tho hoping my other two look like tht :D

5. that was a rare pheno..an extream example of what i was sayin:p..i have had them self fim....1 kola..poof...theres 4..only twice though...slow and easy..start nutes at 50%..water to overflow...be religious for ph..its your key to sucess...and practice L.I.T.F.A......IE..LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE:D...more plants are pampered to death..you dont need to make it better every time ya see it..let dry pretty well between feedin's to encourage roots to grow...and most important..have fun with it..choppin' this wed.;)

[​IMG]

;)need help...im at thread in sig...can hook ya up with good growers willin' ta help....here too

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...al-update-here-any-skill-level-welcome**.html

6. [quote name='"deacon"']that was a rare pheno..an extream example of what i was sayin:p..i have had them self fim....1 kola..poof...theres 4..only twice though...slow and easy..start nutes at 50%..water to overflow...be religious for ph..its your key to sucess...and practice L.I.T.F.A......IE..LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE:D...more plants are pampered to death..you dont need to make it better every time ya see it..let dry pretty well between feedin's to encourage roots to grow...and most important..have fun with it..choppin' this wed.;)

;)need help...im at thread in sig...can hook ya up with good growers willin' ta help....here too

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/730193-%2A%2Ano-time-journal-update-here-any-skill-level-welcome%2A%2A.html[/quote]

Very much appreciated man check out my grow just updated tonight and I'll hit tht thread up thx for the advice, and yea I do need a lil help got a deficiency in both my other plants

7. #7 Phytosapien, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
    It all depends on where the auxins are being expressed the highest. If you aren't familiar with what auxins are, they are a plant hormone that tells the plant where to direct its growth. High auxin concentrations occur in the apical meristem, a non-terminally differentiated plant tissue (much like adult stem cells in human bone marrow). These tissues can become leaves, branches or flowers in the Cannabis plant based on environmental conditions. If you're using LST on your plants then by bending them sideways, you're encouraging growth of secondary branches, rather than just growth upward through the main stem. Secondary branching is a great way to increase growth without increasing the height of a plant.

Sorry for rambling (especially if you already knew these things), but in short: auxins tell a plant where to focus its growth, depending on angles of light, auxins can concentrate in axillary buds and form secondary branching (like a topped plant). Topping, is just an artificial way to cause auxin concentrations in axillary buds to increase.

8. When I saw the title of this thread I was kinda hoping you were asking if a plant could kill itself. I am disappoint. Lol

9. [quote name='"Phytosapien"']It all depends on where the auxins are being expressed the highest. If you aren't familiar with what auxins are, they are a plant hormone that tells the plant where to direct its growth. High auxin concentrations occur in the apical meristem, a non-terminally differentiated plant tissue (much like adult stem cells in human bone marrow). These tissues can become leaves, branches or flowers in the Cannabis plant based on environmental conditions. If you're using LST on your plants then by bending them sideways, you're encouraging growth of secondary branches, rather than just growth upward through the main stem. Secondary branching is a great way to increase growth without increasing the height of a plant.

Sorry for rambling (especially if you already knew these things), but in short: auxins tell a plant where to focus its growth, depending on angles of light, auxins can concentrate in axillary buds and form secondary branching (like a topped plant). Topping, is just an artificial way to cause auxin concentrations in axillary buds to increase.[/quote]

Wow phyto great info I'm always curious of the science of their processes so thx for explaining it man