Can a plant recover from extreme adversity?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dabs, Nov 2, 2014.

1. I've always been told you can stunt a plants growth and limit the potential yield and bud quality. Being a man with a lot of time on my hands I've been in the situation to nurse a very unhealthy seedling back to health. If the problem is nutrient or ph related, I remove the plant from the soil and wash the roots under the tap. I then let it sit in lukewarm water for up to 15 minutes before replanting in news soil. This method seems to avoid shock and I've seen very sickly plants begin to grow again in 1-3 days.

I've had plants you'd call write offs, plants I've chopped experimentally etc that you'd put in the stunted category during their sick time. But they all pick up again and regain their vigour, all be it over a month or so, and appear after that to be normal healthy plants.

I have a seedling that sat in a tiny pot in dim light without water. I nearly forgot it was there until the point of complete leaf yellowing and wilting of stalk. Saw it and tipped some bong water into it. Within an hour what appeared perky. Exchanged the soil and 2 weeks on I can't see any of the yellow, there are 5 sets of large fan leaves and the plant is emanating health.

I haven't yet taken any of these apparently stunted plants to harvest. Will they suffer effects from their early life?