Can A Marijuanna Plant Form both Female and Male Flowers???

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by potthahead, Feb 6, 2008.

1. First time in my life I've seen that. I have a female plant, which has been in flowering period for about 1 and a half month. The buds are looking good, and almost ready to harvest(this will be done in about 2 weeks). But Yesterday, while i was looking carefully at the buds and i was happy, i mentioned some male flowers,(you know, flowers which look like empy seeds and then they pop up and they have nothing inside except that yellow male pollen)that have grown beside some buds, i would say on some buds. WHAT'S HAPPENING?? Is this possible?? A Plant to be hermaphrodite, both female and male??? And what happens in this case with the quality of the yield?? Please, if anyone knows something about that , or has seen such a thing before, please

2. If it has male sacs and female (pistils?) its probs a hermy. Quality/potency of the bud will be down especially if it pollinates itself and has to work on making seeds, plant incest anyone? Buds should still be smokeable though would be much better if it was still a virgin.

3. hermies usually happen when you have some type of stress you have subjected it to, like a light leak during the dark cycle or really large temperature swings.