Can A Downstem Really Be Too Big?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by DankBongRips, Nov 9, 2012.

1. #1 DankBongRips, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
    I bought a diffuser for my weed star, sadly it's not the size I was hoping for (little bit too long) ANYWAYS I'm wondering if the diffuser FITS IN the bong, & it JUST touches the bottom, & it's secure + if it fits all my slides will this still work the same as my original diffuser? or will that few cm make a difference?

(Original On The Left, New One On Right)
    image-4258378545.jpg

Attached Files:

2. is there an airtight seal if so it will work if not no and clean that shit

3. Its risky, can you put your thumb on top of the diffuser, inhale through the piece? If it bubbles alot then its not air tight.
    I hope that makes sense

4. [quote name='"JuceTGC"']Its risky, can you put your thumb on top of the diffuser, inhale through the piece? If it bubbles alot then its not air tight.
    I hope that makes sense[/quote]

I put my thumb over the joint hole (where the slide fits) & the water does not bubble it's just being forced out by my air; which I'm pretty sure means its airtight

5. [quote name='"BudButler"']is there an airtight seal if so it will work if not no and clean that shit[/quote]

I am right now hahaha

6. Even if the downstem wasnt airtight, there wouldnt be any bubbles from putting your thumb over the hole. The air would just seep in around the joint, wouldnt even touch the water.

But if the downstem fits snug, use it.

7. yeah i dont see why not..

8. if you empty the bong of water cover the downstem with thumb and blow you can feel any air coming out

Edit: good that shits nasty not that mins really better :\

9. [quote name='"Jimmy Carter"']Even if the downstem wasnt airtight, there wouldnt be any bubbles from putting your thumb over the hole. The air would just seep in around the joint, wouldnt even touch the water.

But if the downstem fits snug, use it.[/quote]

This guys right, I'm used to my double chamber

10. no air comes out, it fits it just touches the bottom perfectly, little to long; just wondering If that's okay & it's clean now :)

11. yep then your good man smoke a big ol bowl and get that bong dirty again

12. Personally I like my downstem to settle in the middle or just a little back in the water chamber, not down to the glass at the bottom. Then again this will only mean you either can use less water, or the same and get a slight amount of more filtration. Do what you feel is right, man.

13. with the downstem like that it wont be anywhere as smooth as it could be, the downstem touching the bottom of the tube makes it so some of the diffusing holes are hardly being used. if i were you id use the diffuser till i can buy a proper one.

14. [quote name='"angsty"']with the downstem like that it wont be anywhere as smooth as it could be, the downstem touching the bottom of the tube makes it so some of the diffusing holes are hardly being used. if i were you id use the diffuser till i can buy a proper one.[/quote]

ordered another one, right size this time of course; & it's Ironic how my original Downstem just broke lol... sucks.... ordered two so it's straight :p thanks dad for knocking my shit over