Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can a cop search you for having red eyes

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 4smoke2haze0, Jul 13, 2012.

1. So me and my boy are going to the local fair later. Were gonna smoke some Sour D that he just copped from of our other friends before. I was just wondering, do cops say anything to you if your eyes are red. Just because he always puts eye drops in, but I never do because I don't think it's that big of a deal. And it kills my high everytime (even when I put them in before smoking??). They do take drugs very seriously in my town though. It's very conservative and most of the teenagers here do mad drugs. My friend thats a girl was just sentenced to 7 years in prison for having MDMA at the fair. I guess she deserved it though, I would never bring real drugs to an event that hundreds of people attend.

2. Well, from my experience with weed and cops (of which I have plenty), anything that gives them "probable cause" will allow them to search you by law. If you have red eyes and you walk by and they see, they probably wouldn't do anything. However, if you seem or look suspicious, then they may stop you.

Some fairs are really lax, and as long as people aren't smoking at the fair, most cops/security don't really give a fuck.

Just my experience. I've smoked at my state fair before in those little cable cars that are suspended in air allowing you to see the whole fair. It was funny and when I got off the operator kinda gave me and my friend a blank stare haha

3. Sunglasses?

4. If you just have red eyes and don't smell or anything like that then your good.

5. just wear some Arabian goggles there and youll be set.

6. I always wear sunglasses when going out high, but well at least in my country they can search you if they suspect in you.

7. no one deserves to be in a jail cell just because they wanted to use a mind altering substance. its a fucked up system that punishes drug users more than actual criminals.

8. They wouldn't search you for just red eyes, because some people have mad allergies that keep their eyes red all the time, but if you were acting suspicious and they saw you jad red eyes then maybe?

9. cops cant do shit if your eyes are red. if you smell like weed then yeah sure, but if they dont have any reason to confront you originally then no. know your rights. big fuckin deal if your eyes are red. cops can't immediately assume you're stoned. maybe you have dry eyes from contacts or had a rough day. hell, even drinking or smoking hookah makes my eyes red. my eyes are ALWAYS red

10. If the cop want to be a dick he could just say he smells weed and search you

11. crazy shit, with the arabian goggles

12. just dont get into that situation and youll be fine pal

13. If a cop comes up to you and you have red eyes just start sniffing and act like its allergies.

14. Whatever you do DON'T MAKE EYE CONTACT!

15. truth

16. 7 years in jail just for possessing mdma? in america?

17. no, as a contact user my eyes get red and irritated when im wearing the same pair for too long or if my eyes are dry and that's gotten me out of it every time ive been questioned.

18. You can get red eyes for opening them in a swimming pool, or even like being stressed out.

Not probable cause

19. Dont carry weed or pipe or papers on you. If a cop comes and somehow finds a reason to search you there wont be any evidence. And dont do stupid suspicious things, its the easiest way to get police's attention