Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can a cop arrest me for saying i smoke weed ?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bannanamannn, Sep 1, 2017.

1. I realize you can refuse, but that just gives them reason to make something up, and arrest you. Id just do the tests, as Ive passed them before stoned as crap.

2. I'd be more worried about them lying and saying I was slurring my words or some other bs that's easy to lie about. But that's just me and I can see both arguments.

3. Just be a gentleman and don't act like an asshole and you should be okay.
    Be polite, you don't have to rile their feathers and get too defensive and indignant.
    Truth is they couldn't give two shits whether or not you're really stoned, have a sense of humor with them even. They've got much more important shit to worry about than whether or not you might be stoned even if they're pretending that it's a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well said Surfer no matter how many times I encounter the police I'll never understand why people give them a hard time just be polite be honest and you'll be fine

Sent from my N9515 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. I got arrested on a Saturday morning and was taken to the state police barracks they could have left me there until Monday morning to get bailed out but because I was a decent human being to them and treated them with respect and was polite they bailed me out on a Saturday and the case was dismissed on Monday morning so just be cool

Sent from my N9515 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Just curious, would the same go for non MJ drugs?

7. A cop told my sister and my cousin once, the

"it's not illegal to do drugs, it's just illegal to possess them."

"Once again the powers of the herb open up the mind, seek deep inside and tell me what you find"

• Like Like x 2
  8. One of my friends was walking home at like midnight and a cop stopped him. Asked if he had anything illegal on him. He was honest and said they've had some weed. The cop responded "well.... That's not really illegal anymore is it?" And asked a couple more questions before letting him go in his way. He got to keep his weed. Of course, I'm in California though, so most cops here are relatively chill about weed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

9. First off deny, deny, DENY! The quickest way into handcuffs is telling on yourself.

Now, depending on the legal status where you are, the smell of marijuana IS probable cause to search you and your veichle. If you or anyone with you have nothing that can get you in trouble with them, then offer to consent to a search, many times if you do this they wont even bother with it.

If you DO have some buds/accessoriess with you, and you are not in a legal state, or are just plain old not comfortable with the police searching you for whatever reason, then make sure you tell them you do not consent to a search. However it is almost always better to comply with an officers requests.

If you are removed from your veichle and/or handcuffed or placed in the officers crusier make sure to ask if you are being detained, if the answer is no then ask if you may leave, if not ask why.

As far as sobriety tests, they are designed for people who are under the infuence of alcohol and are usualy very easy to pass, even after smoking.

Dont say anything incriminating, be respectful, and do what is asked of you as far as your comfortable and you should be fine, weeds not a serious crime anyway

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app