can 100 watt sprial lightblubz b used

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by breathe, Mar 22, 2006.

1. what can i do to make sure my plants still grow healthy what is the best dirt 2 buy
    i went to buy some dirt at home depot i bought miracle grow organic choice without looking at the lable i planted 6 germed seeds in 3" peatpots the seeds r now bout 1" tall each and i noticed the lable said soil not for pots
    what is going to happen does that mean that the dirt is not sterilized
    and if so can i still save them b4 i repot them in2 biger pots
    here is the lable from the soil bag can u tell me if it has the right stuff added for good growth please help i will hav pic as soon as i find sum battries 4 my cam how often do i water peatpots they seem to soak up water fast but i cant tell if dirt is still moist at the bottom between waterings i am using 2 100 watt sprial lights with about 2400 lumens apiece is this a good bulb can i use these bulbs 4 entire grow
    sorry 4 all the questions but i need advice
    thankz in advance and good lookin
    aka BREATHE
    breathe 1 2 the 2, 2the 3 and 3 2 the 4 then u gotta breathe "FABOLOUS"
    Ingredients
    This product is regionally formulated with organic materials (derived from one or
    more of the following: forest products or compost), sphagnum peat, composted
    manure and pasteurized, pelleted poultry litter.
    In California, regionally formulated from forest products, compost, sphagnum peat,
    composted manure and pasteurized, pelleted poultry litter.
    NET WEIGHT 20 lb (9.07 kg)
    Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Garden Soil 0.10-0.05-0.10
    Guaranteed Analysis F1144
    Total nitrogen (N) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.10%
    0.097% water insoluble nitrogen**
    0.001% nitrate nitrogen
    0.002% ammoniacal nitrogen
    Available phosphate (P2O5) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.05%
    Soluble potash (K2O) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.10%
    Derived from: pelletized poultry litter and manure
    **This product contains 0.097% slow available nitrogen
    Information regarding the contents and levels of metals in this product is available
    on the Internet at http://www.regulatory-info-sc.com.
    Note: This product should not
    be used in a pot or container.

2. Believe you should have done some research before you drop some coin on the most crappiest soil out there even the Wal-Mart $2 bag of soil is better then that crap, but you buy first then ask questions go figure, anyways sorry you had to type so much man nobody really cares about that crappy soil, or whats in it! Too answer your question on the light get more of them, and for flower get some warm white one's as this is the spectrum for that phase of the plants stage in life. If ya read some you would have not made this mistake on the soil, toss out and go to a nursery or hydro store and get organic soil, Black Gold is good and Fox Farms and Sunshine mix #4, there's more but I like the Black Gold, great soil from Canada and well it works for me so far haven't had to add any nutes at 5 weeks old nice and green no burns just vigourous growth rates. Good Luck.

3. Five weeks!? Your plant is going to have to be fed soon. Yeah breathe, your soil is not great. I find it interesting that Miricle grow Organic does in fact have nutes in it. Organic soil by definition is without nutrients. Unbelievable, no wonder why miricle grow is the worst soil for growing pot. I am not sure though if such a minute amount of nutes will cause fert burn but, is up to you if you want to keep seedlings in there to find out. Also, those pots are not the greatest either. I would get clay pots or plastic pots if I were you too.