Can’t seem to get as high with my vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Ryan420weed, Dec 26, 2017.

1. so recently I got a portable vape (a hebe titan II to be exact) and it just doesn’t seem to get me as high as smoking a bowl. Now don’t get me wrong, If I take a few fat hits I’ll get a pretty gnarly buzz, but not much comes after that. I vape at 415F because I like to feel the harshness of the hit. Anyways I was hoping some of you veteran vapers can tell me if This is normal or not.. cheers!

2. I've had a few vaporizers. None of them hit me as hard as a nice bonghit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I agree. I've tried alot of different vapes, not really impressed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. smoking gets you the highest in the least amount of time. I do not get as high on vapes either.

5. #5 howie105, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Too many individual variables between users, their circumstances and expectations to ever find a universal consensus on whether vape buzzes are better or worse. So to avoid the endless done to death debate I usually go with whatever makes the individual happier is the best.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm a vape rookie too and I just discovered using less weed in the vape bowl gets me higher than using more weed. Now I just put enough bud for number of tokes I want.

hth

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. I always smoke out of a bong. I'm not one to smoke at work or on the road. It's too risky in my old age. I only use bongs at home. Tried other stuff but I always go back to the tried and true.

My friends come over and think I'm hard core but I just like a smooth hit that gets you stoned. A pipe doesn't quite do it for me.

8. If you're not getting as high if not higher with vaporization then you're doing it wrong.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. For one, it’s a lousy vape. Aside from a couple of older options, it’s pretty difficult to get a quality vape for under $200.

I’ve also found that it’s kind of either/or when it comes to loving vaping. I didn’t fully love vaping until I fully gave up combustion.

Now on the rare occasions that I do combust(usually other people are involved,) it doesn’t do anything for me. I think it requires an adjustment period.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Good replies! I’ve decided to just stick with smoking..

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. to benefit from vaping and get higher ( IMO) than smoked cannabis you need a bubbler to vape through... start out at a low heat with the vape like 360 and hit a few native hits without the bubbler to soak up all those terpenes at fresh... then when taste tapers off turn the temp up, put it on a bubbler and hit that sucker till there is no more vapor... I bump up 10 degree increments until the vape is maxed out at top temp and load is shot.... save you abv for an edible when enough is accumulated... I do not touch smoking bushes anymore and do not even get high from smoking... vaping is so much better.. I use high quality conduction portables mostly and have just switched over to convection portables... conduction [portables with a clean air path are great for that smoke feeling because of the conduction properties

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vaping flower is ok, but I like the buzz and definitely the taste of joints the best, then bong, pipe. Also, for concentrates, I like the bong/torch setup, the best, but my X-VAPE Vista is pretty nice, need to use it more often though.:smiley-rolling-joint::weed-4::smoke:

13. #13 Rezerg, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    You get 20% more thc from a vape. Thats a scientific fact. Most beneficial medical benefits are burned in flame. If you think youre not getting as high, try a tolerance break. You dont need a bubbler. Water takes thc out as well. You should go after gavpes that actually do well though like anything by boundless, arizer, stors and bikel or the like. Their tech is proven and stable with great warranties.

The reason your high feels different is because of the carbon dioxide youre also breathing in. It gives a high all its own. There are other carcs from combusting that also have the same effect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP,

I have a g pen elite vape pen and wasn't really getting high from it until I bought the water pipe adapter for it. Now I take hits out of a bong using the vape pen and get absolutely cooked. I believe you just don't get enough vapor from portable vapes by themselves. When you can take vape hits out of a bong you get bigger hits plus the vapor is cooled even more. FYi, I vape at 365 mostly. Best flavor and least throat harsh in my experience.

Also, piggybacking on another comment, I also find that I get more high the less weed I pack in.

15. Vaping is a dif high smoking gets u ripped vaping is more functional in my opinion I prefer vaping

16. 1) Your vaporizer is maybe weak.
    2) Do you grind the weed before putting it in the heating chamber? If no, do it.
    3) Do not fill the vaporizer with weed. leave some space for air to circulate easy.
    4) Get the Arizer Solo. It has 7 levels of temperature. I never used it lower than 7 :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hey bro i respect your opinion and I've had same problem as the OP I've had a few portable vapes including the magic flight launchbox and i currently own the latest version of the arizer extreme Q, could you possibly give me some insight into getting a better vape experience I'd like to make the switch for my health but have found vape lacking for me

18. Hey dude, I’ll respond to this later to give you some tips. At work at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Everyone is different.

For me I can't get high off of oil/dabs, vapes or edibles.

On the other hand, I can smoke half a chillum of flower and catch a nice buzz.

• Like Like x 1