Camping...

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Deleted member 164483, May 15, 2009.

1. I want to go camping out here in souther california. Anyone know any good places? Also what are some items that i might need other than a tent, bbq and sleeping bag.. ohh and the bud...

2. :)Could not tell u what you need out there as i camp in New zealand an never been to states ,But a guitar helps and a great love for Nature Happy Camping:D.

3. toilet paper!

4. Tent, toilet paper, fresh water, music is good weather its ipod or guitar, bring a camera, mobile just incase of emergencies, first aid kit, knife, cup, plates.

blankets, sleeping bags, pillows, an axe to chop wood, lighter + deisel to get fire started (petrol explodes deisel doesnt) ummm Food that you may need, fishing gear if near water. Ummm make sure you got your bong, bud and lighters.

Hmm esky, drinks, gasoline lamps if you got, torches, change of clothes, tinder.
    Think thats about it haha =]

5. Damn i didnt think i would need so much stuff but they all seem like things i should take. thanls

6. YES! Do NOT forget the toilet paper!

When I was a kid, I remember going camping with my parents and my Mom had forgot toilet paper...of course, my Dad had to go find a spot to crap and Mom told him to just use a handful of grass or leaves to wipe...he ended up using a handful of poison ivy :eek: He couldn't sit flat on his ass for a week!

7. Just took the family to Clam Beach in Humboldt, it was so nice, i wanna move:rolleyes: we went to the Zoon in Eureka, hike some of the sequoia park, went to the ave. of the giants, tried to see elk in orik, went to the trees of mystery, tried seein the whales in klamath, that would have been cool never seen one whent i get the chance the fog rolls in. but yeah i felt like a million $ the whole time. Plus chillin with other hippies.

8. #9 roadtrippin, May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
    Watch out for bears and mountain lions. ;) And generally you do NOT need an axe, there will be plenty of dead wood on the ground which you can break up by hand/between two trees. THe Lighter fluid isnt neccisary either unless you dont trust your firemaking skills. As for equipment, if you are just car camping you have alot of room for gear... tent, cooler w/ food/drinks, sleeping bag(s), sleeping pad/air mattress, pillow are probably the main things you will want to bring. IF you plan on hiking you will need a backpack big enough for at least 2 days on trail ( in case you get lost). You should it pack with emergency gear (first aid kit, compass, map, mirror for signaling... no flares you could start a fire), food, and water. And if you are backpacking, well you should know what you need if you are into that. Have fun and bring plenty of alcohol/ganja.:wave:

forgot to add clothing for the weather, but that is pretty much common sense eh?

9. you should probally bring a axe .. even if there is dead wood on the ground.. you never know when you will need it!