Camping Trip Soon... Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by whatitdo, May 19, 2009.

1. Hey whatsup GC? I'm about to embark on a camping trip soon with nothing more than a backpack. I'm hoping to last as long as possible on natural ways when it comes to food, and of course bringing 2 OZ's with me to get in touch with nature's true self. The only real problem I have came across is one of man's biggest concerns. Water. I really don't feel like hauling out 3 or 4 Gallon jugs of water with me strapped to my bag, so I was hoping to get some help from some fellow blades. The question is, Does anyone know if there is any "water filtration device" that I can purchase that would easily turn any kind of pond/lake/swamp water into a nice refreshing drink. I haven't done much research on it as I've been far too busy with other preperations, so I figured I would ask about it on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Someone come through for me, please. :)

2. Just boil the water or bring along some Iodine.

3. I'd bring some pots and just boil the water.

**EDIT** or just bring a plastic water bottle and go survivorman and boil your water in plastic like a real survivor.

4. Well definitely bring some kind of container of water. Heres the reason why. I agree that boiling water is the best way of not lugging around gallons of water, but your gonna have to wait for that water to cool off too know what I mean? So what I would do is bring maybe like 2 24oz bottles of water, or something even bigger like 32oz bottles, and a 1 gallon jug of water too. That way you'll have 2 smaller bottles to drink from, but also you'll have the gallon jug to put your boiled water in to cool it off.

If you really want to "get in touch with natures true self" then I would go with mushrooms. Of course, you shouldn't need any chemicals to be at one with nature, it's one of those things thats much more satisfying (to me at least) to experience sober, because the feeling of oneness doesn't wear off with the drugs. That's just me though, haha of course bring some weed, cuz being stoned in the woods is the shit.