Camouflage

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FriedFriend, Jan 24, 2012.

1. #1 FriedFriend, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
    Hi,

hi i need some other good plants that i can cover up the appearance of cannabis with. maybe fruits and vegetables that have a very pungent smell as well. i just need some other good fruits, vegetables, and useful plants to camouflage the weed. either directly in front, or intertwined. intertwined would be the best because then it looks like a totally different plant. I'm gonna have backup plants just incase something goes wrong. I'm going to start with auto flower. i also need to make sure that my garden is off limits. what plants / crops, (potentially useful) can i use for stealth concealing?

we already have stuff that smells like cannabis in the garden so the smell aint so bad. but what else smells really strong. this is my first year growing plants.
    can u grow in darker forested areas?
    will growing other plants with the weed screw it up?

2. I'm gonna keep bumping this, camouflage tips anyone?

3. Keep bees! Almost NO ONE will go near a hive! And honey is getting rather pricy lately!

4. i don't live near any. here in this part of switzerland all of the land is either someones back yard, or cultivated already. its my garden no ones going to go after my plants unless they smell REALLY REALLY BAD. a nearest remote field would be like 15 miles away and i don't even have a car. that means i would have to take a train and then walk to the grow site. unless I'm growing on the neighbors lawn. i just need to make it less obvious.

camouflaging crops anyone?

5. bump. come on no one knows how to camouflage cannabis?

6. I would in your situation lst a plant keeping it low to the ground and do this in a patch of strawberries. Then grow some basil around the patch its pungent and will conceal your mj if it gets a little to high.

7. ok. thanks. and do u recommend planting the strawberries before, or at the same time as the cannabis seeds? and do you literally plant the seeds within the patch/bush of strawberries?

8. You are inter-mixing issues. Camouflage would refer to being able to see the plants (or not), but odor is a completely different thing. Any plant that blocks the view will work. For something that MJ can blend in with I think bamboo is really good because it has lots of stalks and lots of long thin leaves so provides a natural camouflage. A dark forest is no good unless in the middle of a good-sized clearing, MJ is a sun-loving plant and needs full exposure all day.

Odor is something else, and frankly there isn't a plant that can mask the stink of some skunky flowering plants. The odor from MJ is heavy, thick, pungent, it doesn't go away or get masked easily. Potentially you can smell a single flowering plant from 100m away, downwind. The only way to protect yourself from odor is to put lots of distance between your plants and the closest nostrils.

As for bumping 3 times in a half-hour and threatening to continue doing it, chill out. That's a good way to get yourself kicked off the forum for abuse, and in the world of internet etiquette it's rather rude. We actually have lives beyond being on this forum, we'll get to your question soon enough...

9. Plant the mj in the patch. This is camo. A strawberries leaves are the closest in color t a healthy mj plant people do this in the states cause helicopters can't tell the difference. Bamboo would work well but from the air mj would still stick out like a sore thumb.

10. thanks guys I'm going to plant some strawberries. a little basil that gives off good odor. sorry for the bumpage i forgot about the time difference between europe and usa. none of u guys are on at like 4 am there. was getting to the bottom of the list lol. thanks for the answers any more insight would be greatly appreciated.

11. Well for a great deal of the users there ... American. The US had vast land for that without having to go remote. I live in a City of 5 million but just have to walk 1/2 mile in any direction just about to get to where no one ever goes.

Anyhow the smell will always be there your best bet is to grow something that has no real odor...growing Paradise Seeds Wappa right now zero smell 5th week of flowering.

Most of the advice for growing outside usually is not to camouflage the smell but to break up the patter of the plant with other plants to hide it from sight.

12. yo. any more insight?