camera. website for sharing.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by bryan oconner, Jan 23, 2019.

1. i have a computer with a detached camera
    the camera video needs to go online where other people can log in and view what the camera is showing around the clock using there phones from anywhere in the world.
    does anybody know a good website to do this ?
    if there is a small fee its perfectly fine. the viewers should have access to this at all times with out me doing anything. i could be busy drinking my beer or getting high no time to deal with this bs
    when your entrusted with items some people want to spy in and watch from a distance.
    thanks for your time. KEEP IT GREEN!! .

2. u talking about wanking off on camera to other guys?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. lmfao. nope i already know great websites for that joke. one of my favorites not for me to jack off but to watch is chaturbate . it has cams but i can not ask a client to view there items with that website .

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lol yeah plenty, if you let me know the type of activity i can give you appropriate forums.

5. Wyze cam. Only 25 dollars. You can share with others who download the app. I use it to watch my plant. It has night vision.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pretty sure your plants can pick up that IR light used to see in the dark with that camera. It may be screwing up your light/dark cycle.

7. Infrared right is emitted by the environment, not the camera

8. That's an awful lot of IR reflecting off everything, 'lighting' everything up in that picture for a sealed up tent, and you would need prohibitively expensive gen 2 era gear or newer to see in a completely blacked out room without supplemental IR.

Whatever, do your thing

9. Look up how infrared lights work. Everything emits it, it's always there, the camera just knows how to interpret it.

10. I fucking know how it works, so unless you are using a thermal camera, then you would be using nv camera which, if gen 1, need IR light to illuminate the area.

Is it a thermal camera or standard nvg?

You realize there are two types, right?

11. I own a FLIR and a night vision camera. So don't try to pull the "RTM" shit on me

12. Night Vision & 2-Way Audio

You're right, my bad.

13. #14 Johnny Stash, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    All good. Don't want you to have weird stretching or whatever might happen.
    Sorry for being snappy, bad couple days.

Now, that all said, I would maybe take a little time and just check into it. Someone suggested to me a long time back it wouldn't be wise. It makes sense as plants react to far red light. So I never used one, only daily time cameras.
    It may be bullshit. They may be fine, that's why I said "pretty sure".

I have seen, on other forums, both "yes it affects them" and "no it doesn't", and then some say it depends on the spectrum. <--- EDIT : wavelength

14. No worries man I'm glad you guys are a smart community here and I'm always learning. I'm not gonna take the risk, gonna turn the camera off at night.

15. Until you know for sure, might be best idea.
    I always wanted to see the plants at night then I realized there's not much to see. Other than using the camera to make sure the lights were actually out, like when I first set up my tent and timers, I barely look anymore during dark hours.

I'm going to keep reading about it in case I am wrong, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.
    Good luck out there.

16. As for the wyze cam if you look at in the dark through your phones camera you will see the really bright IR light coming out of it.

17. I've got a cam with night vision in my tent but disabled the night vision because I worried about the IR light interfering with the lights out period.

Have you seen any issues from this?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I have not noticed any issues but I'm not taking chances. Also turned it off at night.

• Like Like x 1
  19. i ended up using a service through paltalk.