Camera Help

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Foxie, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Im looking for a camera that would take better macro shots of my buds. That wont be its only purpose as i love photography, but i dont really know where to start. I always just grab my sisters camera.

My camera phone just doesnt do justic

[​IMG]

2. What's your budget like?

3. Well, whats your budget like?

4. You need a camera help but did not mentioned about what exactly what you having problem with your camera . also you did not mentioned about your lens brand and what mega pixel camera lens you have . any way i sugest you to clean your lens of the camera with some special liquid

5. What kind of camera are you using now? Maybe we can help you use the proper setting to get the picture you would like.

I find when I can't get a good macro shot it has to do with a few things. Either the distance between my object and lense is to close or too far which would cause bad focus. Or the setting that I am using should be used on a tripod of some sort. You don't need a tripod exactly but if you were to have the camera on something that doesn't move you would see great difference. Hands aren't always as steady as you think they are. I find that I need a tripod of some sort when I'm not using a flash. And normally I don't use flash for macros as in my experience the picture ends up over exposed and doesn't look good. But with that being said I try to make the best of what I can do for lighting so that even without the flash you can still see great detail of the object.

Now with all that said, I don't think you need to go out and spend a lot of money on a really nice camera. You can get decent photos with a cheaper camera. You just need to learn all the settings and experiment with the camera.

There's a lot of things that I can do on my cheaper camera (Canon powershot, cost appx $200) that I haven't figured out how to master on my expensive camera (Nikon D70s, spent appx $2,000 on it so far). Now I'm not a master of cameras just yet, but I just read tutorials on how to use certain settings for my cameras to get the hang of using it. There is a surprising amount of information on the internet that you could really benefit from.

6. Im using the Motorola Droid 5mega-pixel Camera right now :b

Could you recommended me something practical for really only taking pictures of my graffiti work and buds?

7. Depending on your price range and preference in cameras/brands, you could invest in a nice DSLR and a macro lens :)
    But that route is a bit expensive lol

A point and shoot with at least 10-12 megapixels would probably do fine if you're more for the quick snapshots.