Calmag - Question???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by XFactor69, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Good Morning GC,

Purchased some CalMag yesterday and wanted to see what your opinions were on using this application...

When do you use? Veg/Flower
    How often?
    Strenght?
    Can you use with other NUTES, H202, Molasses etc.?
    What have you noticed after you fed your plant?

Any other useful information would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. I use it once a week just started flowering now.

3. I could be wrong, but I don't think you want to use cal mag in conjunction with molasses. Molasses has a substantiant amount of mag and cal + other nutrients. I have cal mag but have only used it once. Now I just use molasses every other watering. My plant has responded really well with the molasses. I use 1 tbsp per gal. Some use it all the way through their grow. I started using it in flower and will continue all the way up through harvest. I may start sooner next time.

4. #4 Dankafied, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
    Use Cal Mag during veg and bloom and your plants will thank you for it. Cal/Mag helps the plant take in more of the yummy goodness found in ur veg and flower nutes. also use a root boost during veg and flower and ur plants will love you even more! Check out the General Organics Line of root boost and cal/mag...good stuff! BTW General Organics Cal/Mag has mollasses in it.

5. Just read what the bottle says, and do half, and check for any signs of burn, too much cal/mag will lock out other nutes.
    I do it once a week as well, mix it with my nutes.
    I wouldn't use the Peroxide with it.
    When you use peroxide, use it just with straight water.
    How often do you use it? (peroxide I mean)
    I find it does more harm than good.
    It's good for cleaning & oxidizing your root system if you over water, but in turn ends up killing helpful bacteria & micro organisims that help protect the plant.

6. H202 Peroxide kills benificial micro organisms found in organic soils and organic nutrients. Unless you use an ingredient to replace those micro organisms. I'd say stop using H202 Hydrogen Peroxide.

7. I didn't start using Cal/Mag until I started R/O my water, R/O filters remove most of the Cal. & Mag., do you need to use it, is your water lacking are you seeing symptoms of cal/mag def.?
    S.S.

8. Good point, I forgot to mention that I use distilled water

9. #9 Dankafied, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
    Dude I use Cal/Mag with tap water. A lot of people will disagree with this method. However I believe through experience one can use whatever one wants as long as its in moderation. Also, people seem to think Cal/Mag should only be used when a deficiency is present. This is not true. For best results, use Cal/Mag in moderation as soon as the veg cycle begins (3 to 4 weeks from seed) and use all the way through flower.

10. I totally agree :D:D:D:D:D

11. Sweet, thanks for all of the responses and guidance.

1. I will not use with Molasses.
    2. I will not use with H202
    3. However, I will use it weekly.

I ONLY used H202 to remove gnat larvea and to help the root system...I have read a ton on H202 use and have not had any issues with it's application...My ladies (Master Kush, Querkle and Chocolope) are all over 19" and under 24" and I am ready to flower.

I also use Flora Nova Veg Nutrients 1/2 TSP per Gallon.

PLANTS ARE ALL VERY HEALTHY...

+REP for all that replied....