Calmag or Manganese deficiency?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sas64, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Hello,
    I have a Northern Lights Auto that is about 60 days old and is showing signs of a deficiency. A handfull of the leaves have brown spots on them and the leaves seem to be yellow in between the veins. The leaves all seem to be a little lighter green than they should be as well. The plant is also growing very slowly. I am not sure if this is calmag or manganese deficiency or possibly something else.

I am growing in coco/perlite, watering every day, and I do supplement with GH calmag. I have extremely hard water (around 330 ppm) so I cut it with distilled or R/O water to bring it down to around 150-200 ppm. She has been getting 1ml of cal mag (I assumed my hard water would be supplementing calmag some) and for the last couple waterings Ive bumped it up to 3ml/g. I use pH drops to test the inflow and have been watering with yellow-yellow green so I should be in the correct pH range. Please let me know what you think is main culprit behind her deficiency.

Also I am wondering if I should switch to a 12/12 light schedule. My NL is about 60 days old and still not forming budlets. It has grown pistils so I am sure its female but it seems stuck in the vegetative state. She has been an extremely slow grower since the beginning (she had some issues as a seedling and never developed two cotyledons) so maybe she's just taking her sweet time. Is it worth switching to 12/12 (I have another auto in the same tent thats flowering right now) or should I just wait it out?

IMG_1487.jpg
    IMG_1488.jpg
    IMG_1486.jpg IMG_1485.jpg

2. Are you giving it plain water?

3. No, I am feeding with every watering.

4. What is the pH coming out? What's your ppm coming out?
    I assume you feed daily to run off?
    What nutes are you using?
    I use the drops as well and find yellow/orange works best in coco.

5. If it's an auto do not change to 12/12.

6. #6 sas64, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    I am using GH flora series, Armor Si, calmag, and rapid start.
    I do feed daily to run off. The run off pH is always orange.
    I just started testing PPM/EC last week and the run off was always lower than the inflow.
    I slowly increased my nutes and now for the past two waterings the EC difference has been +45 & +220, the PPM has been +21 & +103 (around 600PPM). I believe this is in a good range and am trying to stabilize them a little more. Im not familiar with what range of PPM difference you want for your plant, but I know EC is within +300 so thats what I've been following.