Calmag help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JoshParkinson, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Hi all, im growing in a 70/30 coco perlite mix and my seedlings have started to show signs of a calcium defienency.
    Iv read to correct this I can give Cal-Mag as a foliage spray at the full strength, should I do this aswell as adding 1/4 strength in the daily feed?
    Thanks in advance

2. mix 2 tablespoon into a bottle and feed the soil. I never used it as a foliage spray. I usually leave that for essential oil or neem oil

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3. I’m growing in coco/perlite dude, is this still the same?
    I’m new to growing but I’m in the understanding that Cal-Mag is required a lot more than when growing in soil?
    Thanks for the reply dude my mind is open to any knowledge anyone has to give

4. Can you post a picture? Need to see how they are... what are you feeding? Cal/Mag shoulf be regular in your feed when growing in coco bud.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. What’s ur ph? Does it fluctuate? Did you rinse your coco and let it soak in calmag for 2 days before using it? Do ya got a pic of the whole plant?
    How to Prepare and Buffer Coco Coir

6. I’m feeding them 1/4 strength advanced nutrients Sensi Grow coco and I’m giving them 1/4 strength Sensi Cal-Mag every feeding.
    I’m feeding them once per day at the minute. I’ll have to get a better picture but one of the leaves on one of them has slightly twisted to one side

Attached Files:

7. My ph is right and pretty much the same every time. I’m using ecothrive 70/30 lite mix,I thought it was pre-buffered, should I have prepped it also?

8. All depends on the ppm when ya break the seal on the bag I buy bricks and spend a few hours prepping it in the tub I like the coco under 100 ppm before putting seedling in it. I’ve never baught a bag but I’ve noticed the price getting cheaper on them so eventually I’ll buy bags.

9. Iv not got myself an ec meter yet but I’m starting low with the feeds and building them up slowly. How do they look to you bud? Would you advise giving Cal-Mag as a foliar spray also?

Attached Files:

10. This was them 2 days ago just

Attached Files:

11. Brother they look great! Seedlings tend to look a little ugly sometimes but honestly this looks perfectly well, dont sweat it... let them grow out some.

Youre over worrying about nothing, be careful not to kill her with too much love.

Sit back, relax keep doing what you are and allow her to grow, ill say it again... she looks happy man.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks bro! Means a lot it being my first time, stopped a lot of my worries I’m checking on them every couple hours loool

13. My humidity is slightly low at the moment here, I’m swapping them 2 in and 2 out of the propagator every few hours cause it’s too small for them all haha

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 GorillaGherkin, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    D86684EF-43CD-492D-A2DA-9BD3589A4192.jpeg Lookin good man I’m bout same stage day 11 temp 72 humidity 46 just coasting for the next 2 weeks. Didn’t realize it was ur 1st grow. Sorry didn’t mean to give ya anything to worry bout.
    Remember it’s called weed for a reason it grows very easily. May not get the yield ya expect for awhile but it all comes in time. my 1st grow I ended up with 3 ounces off one plant but started with 4 plants, costly lessons learned and didn’t take much advise from others. Now Im mimicking what I see on this site and ending up with quality.

15. Thanks bro! They was looking pretty bad a few days ago my humidity was round at about 30 and they started wilting, I’m swapping them in and out of a propagator right now until I get a humidifier later on.
    Nice bro yours look way ahead of mine at that stage, what strain are they?

16. 820DFEB6-7269-48E5-ACB0-42623BC946CD.jpeg
    Grape krush my favorite daytime indica it’s a really focused high and it kills back pain really well

17. Looking good today.
    You see the slight twist in the leaf?
    You think it could be slight shortage of calcium?

Attached Files:

18. image.jpg calcium deficiency will produce little rust spots on the leaves. Young growth always looks funky man. It looks good just keep doin what ur doin that plant is gunna look totally different in a week. Take notes and compare your grow to others your on the right track. This is funky growth but this strain is known for weird leaves.

19. Looking good now bro!
    Iv just literally flattened one of my babies dropping the hygrometer on it, nothing has snapped, she just looks all twisted up, you think she will be alright?

Attached Files:

20. You ever seen this happen before brother? 2 fingers on the bottom leaf have grown conjoined lol

Attached Files: