calmag deficiency v20

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by ligma9000, Oct 20, 2018.

1. #1 ligma9000, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Looks like I have calmag deficiency happening around veg20..
    Current setup..
    175watt QB
    (2) 5 gallon coco coir
    i add 5ml of calmag (2 gallons of water)
    6/9 lucas formula in 2 gallons of water (not sure if i should go full strength yet)
    water is no RO, but I leave out 24 hours before feeding.
    also i ph my water to 5.8

Any reason why I'm getting calmag? Should I up the dose to 10ml for 2 gallons? I just thought this early in vegging I should go half strength of everything. Thanks!

2. A picture would help. If you're using tap water and cal/mag, I doubt you have a calcium or magnesium deficiency - I use tap water and never have to use a cal/mag supplement. It's probably some kind of lock out due to pH or possibly salt build up. Do you feed daily to substantial run off? What's the pH of the run off? Do you ever use plain water? How much perlite in your mix? Picture?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Raise your ph. Hydro has a barrier at 6.0. You need to hit both sides for adequate uptake.

I mix a res at 5.5, the next morning it’s 5.8. I’ll feed all through the week letting ph rise to 6.3ish before dropping back to 5.5

Here’s the chart

1DFB424A-F789-4979-A2F0-EA682A06EC50.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. If you feed under 6.0, your plant doesn’t have access to all the calcium you’re providing

5. There are conflicting charts on the correct pH for calcium uptake. The chart you posted shows best uptake for calcium is over 6.0, but the attached two charts show the exact opposite. They show the best pH in hydroponics for calcium uptake is under 6.0. It came to my attention a couple of weeks ago. The question is - which is correct?
    Nutrient_Chart2-1.gif PH-CHART-soil-and-water_xlsx-1024x537.png

6. Interesting. Even more reason to run the swing. I know I had more issues of calmag deficiency when keeping my ph under 6.0

Once going to the 5.7-6.3 swing, I have had much less, with the exception of GG#4.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I feed everyday. Roughly 1 gallon of water everyday for each plant. The pH runoff last night was 5.9-6.0.
    I only used plain water for like the first week when I transplanted. There is like 20-30% perlite in one plant, and the other plant only has a handfull. I wanted to do a test to see if it makes any difference. They seem to be doing fine now. I'm keeping an eye. Should I start going full strength 6/9 lucas? I was only adding 6/9 to 2 gallon of water.

Attached Files:

8. Also I can't figure out this 4way lst.. I topped each plant once, but from the LBJ Famous SCROG Tutorial he has it bent 4 ways.. should I wait a little longer? Thanks!

9. After only topping once you will only have 2 tops to bend - topping twice gives you 4 tops to bend - topping three times gives you 8 tops, etc. etc.

10. You never use plain water in coco because it messes up the cation exchange capacity which will cause deficiencies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Okay so do I let the tops grow out a little more then bend them?

12. Tie them horizontally when they are long enough to do so. You don't need to top at all for a successful scrog. Good luck.

13. Are you attempting to manifold/mainline? If so, I would recommend topping at the 5th or 6th node. Check this tutorial, very easy to do, and is my preferred method. Nebula's Manifold - Cannabis "Main-Lining" | Grow Weed Easy